San Antonio?

I kinda find it surprising that some of y'all complain all day about the acoustical problems domed stadiums have, but equally complain about the heat. Hasn't every championship before this last year been at an outdoor stadium? I'm sure a lot of them have been hot. You can't have your cake and eat it too. I personally would brave the heat for a better drum corps sound.

..and I have an honest question. Has there been any championship that rained out?

No Championships have been rained out. Some of the closest are as follows

1993 - Jackson, MI - It started pouring and the Madison Scouts performed in the downpour. It stopped at or near the end of their show.

1994 - Boston. The last 8 corps in Qtrs were automatically seeded into the last 8 spots in semi's. Only the last 3 corps did not perform due to rain.

One of the years in Florida (97 or 98) wasn't one of the shows delayed in the middle due to rain?

2004 - Denver. Semi Finals was delayed due to a storm in the area.

2005 - Boston. One of the shows had a longer break due to bad weather in the area.

So, umm San Antonio doesn't show up in the ticket page anymore, and the show information page is gone, and the schedule now only says "Event Information Coming Soon!!"

I'm just saying... I'm starting get a little worried.

So, umm San Antonio doesn't show up in the ticket page anymore, and the show information page is gone, and the schedule now only says "Event Information Coming Soon!!"

I'm just saying... I'm starting get a little worried.

It will happen - it's just going to take DCI and Dicketmaster a little time to get sales set up again. Spelling error was on purpose by the way! :laughing:

Jason, I 100% agree. The only show that might fill the new Cowboys Stadium is Finals. Though wouldn't it be interesting to watch a show on a TV 75 yards wide?

Not even finals by my count...call it an even 100,000 seats in there (close enough). So exactly one side of the stadium is 50,000....finals is barely over 20,000 as it is now....thats a lot of empty seats.

Not even finals by my count...call it an even 100,000 seats in there (close enough). So exactly one side of the stadium is 50,000....finals is barely over 20,000 as it is now....thats a lot of empty seats.

But wouldn't it be an honor for all those kids to perform in the world's coolest stadium? :laughing:

San Antonio, TX

Saturday, July 24, 2010

DCI Southwestern Championship

I think they moved it because of the Texas Bandmasters Association Convention. Last year was the first year the two events didnt line up.

TBA moved the event to a week later and during the week to keep costs down.

TBA Dates: July 25-28

I'm sure they want every band director in the state of Texas to come to this show. I know quite a few that didn't go last year because the two events didn't line up.

Mark

Texas Band Director

San Antonio has been on the Saturday 3 weeks before Finals except in 2007. This year it is still 3 weeks before Finals.

San Antonio has been on the Saturday 3 weeks before Finals except in 2007. This year it is still 3 weeks before Finals.

But this year they moved finals back.

The Cowboys stadium would be even worse than LOS. That place is huge.... plus the way the seating is, I wouldn't like it...