San Antonio?

If it's true that the Dallas Cowboys are at fault for this I'm even more angry. They just built the most expensive and advanced stadium on earth. Why would they possibly want to practice anywhere else? The worst part is that I'm a lifelong Cowboy fan. I'm so conflicted! :worthy:

I don't know of any NFL team that uses their own stadium for off season practice. The Cowboys have gone to San Antonio for years just as the Niners practice facilities are in Santa Clara and not in The City.

Welp, can't say I'm terribly disappointed. I'd much rather see drum corps outdoors, especially for a regional. I'm looking forward to hearing what the plan is and adjusting my schedule accordingly.

I like sitting in the alamodome when Im on the 3rd row inside the 45s. It sounds awesome there!

I just hope it's still close and convenient enough for my folks to make it.

I'm going to say DCI better start looking at alternative options for the future. I'm a Dallas fan, but Jerry Jones is a smart but brutal businessman when it comes to getting what he wants...even if what he wants hurts his team. he brings a ton of $$$ into SA, and if DCI had a contract and Jerry got the Dome from the anyways, then he'll do it again.

Reminds me of the Hershey show issues from 2005 all over again.

and if DCI didn't have a contract, they're not very shrewd, because if they did and SA bailed on them, they have a winnable lawsuit.

I don't know of any NFL team that uses their own stadium for off season practice. The Cowboys have gone to San Antonio for years just as the Niners practice facilities are in Santa Clara and not in The City.

Which is truly moronic. A billion dollar stadium, so lets rent another facility somewhere else to practice. Todays common business sense. Why is the US falling into despair??????

Which is truly moronic. A billion dollar stadium, so lets rent another facility somewhere else to practice. Todays common business sense. Why is the US falling into despair??????

The "billion dollar stadium" may be being rented out for other events, like concerts or monster truck shows or whatever. Training camps are not a two or three day affair, more like a month-plus. Football teams don't need huge stadiums with lots of seating for the majority of training camp, even when they do play their pre-season games attendance is much less than regular season. It also may be outreach to the Cowboys fans in SA. Here in the northeast, the Boston Celtics and Boston Bruins routinely play pre-season games in places like Hartford, CT and Manchester, NH to give fans in those areas who aren't able to travel to Boston a chance to see "their" team.

It's actually a very common practice used to develop a team following outside of their area. It makes the Cowboys the "home team" in another major Texas market where they can sell merchandise, tickets, television advertising, etc.

And the field in the billion dollar stadium was built for games not pre-season or every day practices. I don't think they want to be replacing that turf more than they have to. Again, this goes for any NFL team out there, not just the Convicts. Man! I can't believe I'm defending them! As a Niner fan, this goes against everything I believe in!

The message says they have every intention to return to the Alamodome next year. I'm gonna assume the Southwestern championship will be moved back to its old weekend.

Edited by david.t