Northeast Circut

Just checking to see if there is anyone out there from the old Northeast Circut (NY. CONN. MA. NH. VT.) Who were you with? Where did you go?

Just checking to see if there is anyone out there from the old Northeast Circut (NY. CONN. MA. NH. VT.) Who were you with? Where did you go?

Was with the Bpt PAL when they competed in the NE Circuit 66,67,68 ...

Andy

PS ... Do I know you from Sky 81? ... I was still on their drum staff then ... what section were you in? Thanks

Edited by ajlisko

It's in my sig.... :laughing:

I do remember having an old Fleetwood album of, I think, the 1962 North East Circuit championships. I think it may have been a double album? I recall listening to the Criterions and thinking that they sounded great...can't recall now who else was on the records.

I do remember having an old Fleetwood album of, I think, the 1962 North East Circuit championships. I think it may have been a double album? I recall listening to the Criterions and thinking that they sounded great...can't recall now who else was on the records.

fclp2077.jpg

The corps listed are for both volumes ...

:-)

That album is from the Northeast SENIOR circuit. There was also a NE junior corps circuit.

Ray

fclp2077.jpg

The corps listed are for both volumes ...

:laughing: Thanks Andy!

That album is from the Northeast SENIOR circuit. There was also a NE junior corps circuit.

Ray

Yup ... the NE junior division started up in 1966 ... corps in the circuit included Bpt. PAL, NY Kingsmen, Minisink Warriors, Kingston Indians, Poughkeepsie Vagabonds and Pacers, and a slew of other smaller corps from CT, MA, NY, etc ... not sure how long the circuit went on after the 68 season ...

I marched in the Northeast Circuit in the mid 70's, St Peter's Royalaires. We had one of the best Drumlines I was ever in. I remember we went to the World Open in 77 and came in 11th in Drums out of 35 or so corps. We won the Northeast Division we were in I think in 77 or 78, not sure. But it was a great circuit for corps in the NY/CT area. I really loved that corps. We would compete against corps like the Bengal Lancers, Classics, Hot Shots, Colonades and other corps from CT.

I marched in the Northeast Circuit in the mid 70's, St Peter's Royalaires. We had one of the best Drumlines I was ever in. I remember we went to the World Open in 77 and came in 11th in Drums out of 35 or so corps. We won the Northeast Division we were in I think in 77 or 78, not sure. But it was a great circuit for corps in the NY/CT area. I really loved that corps. We would compete against corps like the Bengal Lancers, Classics, Hot Shots, Colonades and other corps from CT.

I marched in that circut in 73,74,75. You must have come into after then. I do not remember your corp. sorry. We won the Championship in 75, and I have the top twelve breakdown sheet. Were the Royalairs undera different name at that time? It was a fun circut to be sure. Very competitive. Golden Buc's, St. George Olymians, The Firettes. Some very good corps.