Alter Ego (W. Orange HS)

I drove to New Jersey from Washington D.C. to see a show in the M.A.I.N. circuit. This was my first guard show of the year and it certainly looked like the first show of the year with many of the units dressed in the ever familiar black performing leotards because of costumes not ready. That didn't take away from the many promising shows the night provided. I'm not going to give a detailed review because this was my first viewing of any of the guards and I was there to just obsorb visually.

Alter Ego Independent World

I have to be honest I came to this show specifically to see Alter Ego and I was not disappointed. A 30 cast member unit (I know, large) performing to a version of Moon River (female vocalist). Very pretty version. The only negative comment I have is about the 65.8 they received. I personally would have been a bit more generous score wise something closer to the 70 mark. But potential is all over this well written show and I'm sure with the critiquing they'll get this show will develop into one that will be well received by the audience (it already is from what I saw). Though this gynasium provided ample vertical air space it didn't provide high seating for a person like me who likes to take on a visual picture. I had the same viewing point as the G.E. judge and I'm sure the read I got will be different in a higher gymnasium. A solo dancer begins the opening dance segment done beautifully with technique evident. This leads into a spectacular opening rifle toss that comes out of no where. What makes the toss spectacular is the manner of how the weapson is picked up from the tarp and tossed blindly in perfect pulse of the very soft and pretty music. Just so much to look at for my first viewing but the criteria is there: strong in equipment, movement, and G.E. I'm sure with costumes (next week) and more time to get comfortable with performance this production will take off and the buzz about this show will get loader with each week. Great show Alter Ego!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I drove to New Jersey from Washington D.C. to see a show in the M.A.I.N. circuit. This was my first guard show of the year and it certainly looked like the first show of the year with many of the units dressed in the ever familiar black performing leotards because of costumes not ready. That didn't take away from the many promising shows the night provided. I'm not going to give a detailed review because this was my first viewing of any of the guards and I was there to just obsorb visually.

Alter Ego Independent World

I have to be honest I came to this show specifically to see Alter Ego and I was not disappointed. A 30 cast member unit (I know, large) performing to a version of Moon River (female vocalist). Very pretty version. The only negative comment I have is about the 65.8 they received. I personally would have been a bit more generous score wise something closer to the 70 mark. But potential is all over this well written show and I'm sure with the critiquing they'll get this show will develop into one that will be well received by the audience (it already is from what I saw). Though this gynasium provided ample vertical air space it didn't provide high seating for a person like me who likes to take on a visual picture. I had the same viewing point as the G.E. judge and I'm sure the read I got will be different in a higher gymnasium. A solo dancer begins the opening dance segment done beautifully with technique evident. This leads into a spectacular opening rifle toss that comes out of no where. What makes the toss spectacular is the manner of how the weapson is picked up from the tarp and tossed blindly in perfect pulse of the very soft and pretty music. Just so much to look at for my first viewing but the criteria is there: strong in equipment, movement, and G.E. I'm sure with costumes (next week) and more time to get comfortable with performance this production will take off and the buzz about this show will get loader with each week. Great show Alter Ego!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I have to agree on some points. I Think there is alot of potential there but i actually thought the equipment book is way over written and I thought the score could have been a bit lower.. BUT with that said YES there is potential for sure... GOOD LUCK AE Im sure it will be a good season for you. :smile: