Bridgemen Hall of Fame

Grandchilden? Yes we do! I love drum corps. I have played in many over the last 54 years but I have to agree with my grandaughter when she said - "We like your Yellow Band best, Grampa". So sorry I can't make it to the HoF dinner and meet Jim Brady. Now that would be a real treat.

We're sorry that you can't make it, also, DDAN! You will be missed!!!

So, we're now looking at only...

8 MORE DAYS UNTIL MARCH 2OTH!!!

COME DOWN TO BAYONNE, AND BE A BANANA FOR A DAY!!!!!! :tongue:

And hear Jim Brady blow a few of his amazing solos, ONE.MORE.TIME!!!!!! :tongue:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man - this is killing me!!! My daughter has her first-ever All-State Chorus concert at Symphony Hall in Boston that afternoon. A sophmore making All-State is very rare - she's quite a musician (doing her first year of drum corps with 7th Regiment this year - extremely excited as that's a great group!!!)

Please extend my warm wishes and congratulations to young Mr. Brady, in fact the whole Brady bunch - I'm hearing that David and Sue will be there too?

Possibly the most talented family ever to march? Although those Fallon kids were okay too! :thumbup:

Ray...

You will be missed on the 20th!!!

Congratulations to your daughter for making All-State Chorus!!!!!! That's wonderful!!! Performance at Symphony Hall? NICE!!!

7th Regiment is really a great group!!!

Those Fallon's just keep racking up the honors, and achievements!!! What an extraordinary family!!!

I will most certainly pass your message along to Jim, and his siblings. Dave will also be playing with our lead sop line at rehearsal, and of course, he's also a great musician!

Hope to see you soon...maybe TOS in July, or Allentown in August?

Be well!

...Jim

How the heck did I manage to miss this thread for so long? Sheesh!!!

What a terrific class of inductees into the Bridgemen Hall of Fame. Wonderful and deserving people, each and every one.

Congratulations to all of you on this wonderful honor, and have a wonderful time at this very special rehearsal and dinner!

Hype and very best wishes,

Karen

How the heck did I manage to miss this thread for so long? Sheesh!!!

What a terrific class of inductees into the Bridgemen Hall of Fame. Wonderful and deserving people, each and every one.

Congratulations to all of you on this wonderful honor, and have a wonderful time at this very special rehearsal and dinner!

Hype and very best wishes,

Karen

Hey Karen,

Did you read the bit about how many years it takes to be Hall of Famous?

I could make a case for one drum major I know to be in two DCI Corps Halls of Fame...

Just got off the phone with Jim Brady, and he is very excited about his upcoming visit to Bayonne!

It will be great to see him, again! (It's been about 14 years for me, but about 32 for many of our Bridgemen brothers and sisters.) and it's going to be great to hear him playing the horn again! If you're free on the afternoon of March 20th, please come visit us at our rehearsal in Bayonne, for a fun afternoon!

JJ

6 DAYS TILL SHOW TIME !!! :thumbup::lol:

Ladies and gentlemen...I am very pleased to make the following announcement:

Bridgemen practice on March 20th

Former soloist Jim Brady to sit in and play

The Bridgemen Alumni Corps next practice will be held on Saturday March 20th, at St. Andrews School in Bayonne from 12-4. Sitting in, and playing lead soprano with the corps that day will be former Bridgemen soloist, Jim Brady!

Jim is widely regarded as one of the best soloists in the history of drum corps, including several years with the Saints Drum & Bugle Corps. His legendary solos made a lasting impression on the drum corps community, and subsequent listeners via recordings on the Internet. Jim’s solos with the Bridgemen can be heard on You Tube, and on DCI “Legacy” Recordings, and include the following: Pagliacci-1977; Land of Make Believe-1977; Harlem Nocturne-77 & 78; Ritual Fire Dance-1978; and perhaps his most famous solo, Spanish Dreams-1978. Jim was inducted into the NJ Drum Corps Hall of Fame in 2007 & is being inducted into the Bridgemen Hall of Fame on March 20th.

If you would like to attend the rehearsal to play along with our horn line, or just listen to the great music that will be played on March 20th, feel free to come and join us! All are welcome to attend! We have a very exciting musical show planned for the 2010 season, and we still have openings in all sections. Everyone is always welcome to sit in and play along. If you are looking for a fun, and arousing musical experience, Bayonne is the place for you!!! Our schedule is very light; we only meet about 32 times per year, so you can maintain balance with your family life! If you'd like to play, and want to receive music ahead of time, please contact me, Jim Jordan, through a personal message.

Without a doubt, the Bridgemen are off to our best start ever, and we’re looking to raise our level of performance to even greater heights in 2010! We are very excited about our show, and we’re looking forward to entertaining our audiences with the great passion, and enthusiasm that the Bridgemen have always displayed through our performances!

The Bridgemen hope that you will be able to join us on March 20th, for a very special rehearsal, and we look forward to seeing you there!

St. Andrew’s School is located at 126 Broadway, (intersect. 4th St.) Bayonne, NJ 07002.

Practice is from 12 -4 pm.

For additional info about Bridgemen, go to… bridgemen.com

We hope you can make it! It's going to be a fun afternoon in Bayonne!

HYPE!!!

...Jim Jordan

THIS SATURDAY, FOLKS!

TAKE A STROLL DOWN MEMORY LANE!

COME TO BAYONNE, AND HANG WITH US!!!

We're gonna have a fun rehearsal, and the room will be filled with a lot of love, smiles, and laughs!!!!!!

...and coffee, and cake will be served, as well! :thumbup:

We're gonna have a fun rehearsal, and the room will be filled with a lot of love, smiles, and laughs!!!!!!

...and coffee, and cake will be served, as well! thumbup.gif

Not to mention horns and drums......I dunno if the CG will be in there but if they are come early folks :)

Grandchilden? Yes we do! I love drum corps. I have played in many over the last 54 years but I have to agree with my grandaughter when she said - "We like your Yellow Band best, Grampa". So sorry I can't make it to the HoF dinner and meet Jim Brady. Now that would be a real treat.

Dan

You will be missed buddy.....cant wait to see you next time you come down to the states :) Be well my friend !!!!!

Rick #3

5 MORE DAYS!

We sure hope that you will join us! :grouphug:

5 MORE DAYS!

We sure hope that you will join us! :grouphug:

4 more days...come on down!