Bridgemen Hall of Fame

Hey it is Monday. They are recovering from a full weekend. Let them rest.

Yes Bea you are SOOOOOOO RIGHT!!!!!!! It was a FULL WEEKEND and it all went by so fast!!!!!

Over 250 people in attendence for the HOF dinner and the church was packed before that for the Mass.

And...... The corps was on fire Saturday and did their best parade EVER on Sunday!!!!!!! People went nuts!!!!!!

So that's a small report. I am sure Jimmy will be posting a full length report once he recovers!!!!

Onto the Dixie Stinger!!!!!!!

Hype!

George

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Bea you are SOOOOOOO RIGHT!!!!!!! It was a FULL WEEKEND and it all went by so fast!!!!!

Over 250 people in attendence for the HOF dinner and the church was packed before that for the Mass.

And...... The corps was on fire Saturday and did their best parade EVER on Sunday!!!!!!! People went nuts!!!!!!

So that's a small report. I am sure Jimmy will be posting a full length report once he recovers!!!!

Hype!

George

Hey George. My sincerest "Congrats" to you and all of the other Inductees. What a GREAT March 20th that was from 12:00 Noon on. Rehearsal was so VERY productive. Larry was ever so full of praise for us. The new opener is gonna knock EVERYBODIES collective socks off, it's simply AWESOME.

During Mass while approaching the rail for Communion my eyes welled up thinking about Father Joe (he's the guy who got me strarted in Drum Corps back in '53 up in Fort Lee and asked me to help you guys out for your first parade back in '65), the genius of Bobby Hoffman (of which I have a GREAT story of he and I meeting up at 4:30 AM one morning in the Fort Lee Diner), Gus Wilke, Jr., Joe Ciro, Gene "Nature Boy" Cerretta and last but certainly NOT least my Drum Corps mentor and best ever Drum Corps buddy, Secaucus Gus Wilke, Sr.

It was great to see some of the "original" Bridgemen from 1964 and those of us who wore the white dinner jackets as our first uniform. Kenny "Luca Brazzi (sp)" Donovan, Tommy Kaye (Tom, if you're reading this, I'll start that project you asked for this Friday at the latest). And those that couldn't make it up for the Dinner, Bert Lynch, Bobby Farrell, John Richard (why do some people call him Richards??? :doh: ) I got word from Ben Pisani telling me to make sure I said "HI" to everyone for him. So if I missed any of you "HI" from Benny. :worthy: The food was plentiful and great tasting. I made a couple of trips back for more. :tongue:

I'm so very sorry I couldn't partake in the parade but rather then get addicted to vicodin to cover the pain of a torn menicus in my right knee, I'll defer to a later time/day for field shows.

I want to thank everyone who has come up to me (Nancy, you George, Jimmy Jordan, in the lead line Rob, Mike, Don, Hoot, Mr. Williamson, et.al.) saying "how very happy we are that you're here," and to the Bridgemen Alumni Association President, Doug Kuenzle (sorry if I misspelled you name Doug) for saying "Welcome home". In so many ways I really do feel very much at home. And Father Joe has always been a father figure to me dating back to 1953 so,

"YES FADDA, DIS YEAR'S FOR YOU!!!!!

HYPE

Hype!

George

Hey everyone!!!

The weekend was AMAZING!!!!!!

And George is right! We are all exhausted!!!

I WILL have a full report in the next day or two! As for now, I will just say that we all had an INCREDIBLE WEEKEND!!!!!!

We were already exhausted from Saturday's events, and then, in spite of that, we went out, as George said... and marched our best parade ever, in front of the largest crowd of people ever to watch a parade in Bayonne!!!!!!

So, stay tuned...

LOTS more to report!!!

JJ

Hey everyone!!!

The weekend was AMAZING!!!!!!

And George is right! We are all exhausted!!!

I WILL have a full report in the next day or two! As for now, I will just say that we all had an INCREDIBLE WEEKEND!!!!!!

We were already exhausted from Saturday's events, and then, in spite of that, we went out, as George said... and marched our best parade ever, in front of the largest crowd of people ever to watch a parade in Bayonne!!!!!!

So, stay tuned...

LOTS more to report!!!

JJ

I'm so happy for you Jim. You are a legend. The Bridgemen are as close to magic that a drum corps can be. Lots of us other drum corps nuts had fun this weekend too at the Boston Bugler's HOF show!!!!!

Regards, John Stark - Director, Imperials

Edited by Imperial

I'm so happy for you Jim. You are a legend. The Bridgemen are as close to magic that a drum corps can be. Lots of us other drum corps nuts had fun this weekend too at the Boston Bugler's HOF show!!!!!

Regards, John Stark - Director, Imperials

Thank you very much, John! I really appreciate your very kind words, as do all of my Bridgemen brothers, and sisters!

I'm also happy that you and many others had a great time at the Boston Bugler's HOF Show!!!

It was a great weekend for drum corps!!!!!!

See you soon!

Edited by overthehillDM

Hey it is Monday. They are recovering from a full weekend. Let them rest.

Nah - these guys were never worried about whether I had time to recoup - some mornings rehearsals started right after I got whatever vehicle I drove parked from the night before.

If I'm up - they gotta be up - that's the way it works.

To paraphrase Warren Zevon - "We'll Sleep When We're Dead..."

First and most importantly, Mike Siglow, how the heck are you? I hope well. Your note was awesome.

Trust me, it broke my heart not to be able to attend the festivities this past weekend. The Richard family has had some challenges so far in 2010 and I just could not get away. Johnny Nadrowski's website pictures help ease the pain.

It seems like yesterday that you and I were down in the Pine Room talking about what it would take for this new drum corps to be ready for its first parade. It's hard to believe that 45 years have passed and that new corps from St Andrews eventually evolved into a somewhat recognizable group in the Drum Corps activity. Recognizable enough that we now have a HOF with some legendary DC figures as members. I guess we did OK.

We were lucky kids to have people like Father D, Ed Holmes, Bob Holton and Gussie giving us direction on how to march, play, behave and interact with all people. Mike, having you there in the beginning also helped tremendously in giving us a certain level of confidence as we took those first steps up Broadway. You're a good man Mr S.

I hope to make at least a few of the shows this year, maybe we'll get to chat. If not, stay well and always keep that smile working. Your buddy, John Richard (no- s)

P.S. Ya gotta love that Alumni corps. Lavelle, Jordan and the rest of the zanies are doing us proud.

Thats IT ??

there was a a lot of hype about this . People counting the days , now nothing ???

Strange...

It was a TEN out of TEN!!!!!!

The Bridgemen Family is STRONGER THAN EVER!!!!!!

And we kicked some serious butt at the parade on Sunday, as well!!!

Strange???

Not at all...

WONDERFUL?

YES, it was...

Thank you for asking!!!!!! :laughing:

It was a TEN out of TEN!!!!!!

And we kicked some serious butt at the parade on Sunday, as well!!!

Ladies and gentlemen...I am very pleased to make the following announcement:

Bridgemen practice on March 20th

Former soloist Jim Brady to sit in and play

,and playing lead soprano with the corps that day will be former Bridgemen soloist, Jim Brady!

How was it ??