Bridgemen Hall of Fame

Jim - first of all - congratulations. I believe you were the first member who spoke to me at my first rehearsal in the winter before '78. You have been a spectacular representative for the corps and the activity for more years than you probably want to admit to. your "first ballot" membership is a no-brainer and lends validity to the Hall. Like you, I wish that Gerry could be there to accept. Some things happen to late, no matter what activity you're in.

I've heard nothing but great things coming out of the corps - it's been an unbelievably busy winter for me with my Airline essentially doubling in size in Boston and every bit of it affecting my life as I attempt to manage the operation - it's a lot like teaching on tour, but instead of critiques at the end of each night you talk to customers. Sandra Opie, Roger Olsen, Doc Baggs, et al. were a lot friendlier at the end of the typical evening on tour.

BTW I guessed the surprise announcement as soon as I read your post - just don't want to blow the kharma - it's about time. I'd like to get down there in the near future and get caught up.

In any case - keep doing what you do so well, in fact what no one has ever done better.

Ray...

Thank you very much for the beautiful words! I am truly grateful to have been a member of the Bridgemen since March of '77! It is the one love affair that has never let me down. : ) Of course, I learned a great deal from you, and I was very happy that you were able to join us once again, last season. You add so much to everything, wherever, and whenever you contribute your vast knowledge, experience, (of drum corps, and life!) and incredible sense of humor!

I have truly been blessed, and I am a very lucky, and fortunate man!

Thanks also for not blowing the karma! LOL It's gonna be such a fun, and amazing rehearsal!!!

Wishing you all the best, and hope to see you very soon, even if you just visit for an afternoon.

Your grateful student, and friend...

Jim

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Different year but Jimmy was really the first member to speak with me at any length too. He is everything you say.

:smile:

Liz,

That was at the Venice, right? You had a look of bewilderment on your face? : )

Thank you very much, my dear friend! You know that I'm grateful to you, as well, for being such a close, supportive, and loving friend these last five years! You were one of the people that is responsible for helping me to maintain my sanity!!! And of course you were one of the people responsible for my being awarded with this great honor!

Thanks for always being there, for making things fun, and for truly being a sister to lean on for support.

Love...

Jimmy

Are you bringing Madonna as your DATE, Brother Jim???

Congrats to You and ALL the Bridgemen Hall of Famers! I'm sure that you are all in for a Great Evening! Such a shame that I won't be in the neighborhood at the time, because I'm sure you will all have a great celebration. I would have loved to join you all to have a great night with the Bridgemen Hall of Famers!

Give my best to Msgr. Forker and let him know that I could even have a lot of fun in a room full of Yankee Fans!

Hey Terry!

Ha Ha!!! I'm WAY TOO OLD for Madonna!!! Her new boy toy is about 22, right? :smile:

Thank you, my brother! I've known you for over thirty years, and you have always been one of my closest friends! You've been there for me a gazillion times, and you've survived listening to a gazillion crazy stories!!! LOL

I wish you could be with us, also!

Well, there ARE quite a few Yankee Fans in the Bananas, BUT...

You'll be happy to know that with Hypie, and Kelly, and a few other "misguided" souls, there are somewhere between 5-10 Red Sox Fans, so rest assured your team will be fairly well represented at the dinner! :smile:

Thanks again for being such a wonderful friend!

...Jim

That's true...Jim marched only two seasons, but those were two incredible seasons!

One was a disqualification (1977 ) so that makes ONE. (1978 )

even with two . HALL OF FAME ???? How many years did Diane Brady march ?? 8 ??

how long were the Bridgemen around ?? 45 years !!!!

Congratulation to all, just thought there were better choices for 1st ballot HOF of such a fine and 45 year old org.

Edited by FanofNight

One was a disqualification (1977 ) so that makes ONE. (1978 )

even with two . HALL OF FAME ???? How many years did Diane Brady march ?? 8 ??

how long were the Bridgemen around ?? 45 years !!!!

Congratulation to all, just thought there were better choices for 1st ballot HOF of such a fine and 45 year old org.

I consider '77 a success because it taught us a great deal about life, and resiliency!!! It was my best year in drum corps!

Like any organization, the human element is part of the equation, (we live in an imperfect world) but I will tell you this...

1) You have to be nominated in order to be elected to the Bridgemen Hall of Fame.

2) Jim is probably the most famous Bridgemen member that ever marched. His solos are the stuff of legend, and were quite incredible in both 1977, and 1978.

3) The Bridgemen Junior Drum Corps was in existence between 1965-1987. The Bridgemen "Alumni Corps has been in existence since 2005. If you do the math, the Bridgemen Drum & Bugle Corps was formed 45 years ago, but, in reality, this season will be the 29th season that the Bridgemen have fielded a drum corps.

Ray...

Thank you very much for the beautiful words! I am truly grateful to have been a member of the Bridgemen since March of '77! It is the one love affair that has never let me down. : ) Of course, I learned a great deal from you, and I was very happy that you were able to join us once again, last season. You add so much to everything, wherever, and whenever you contribute your vast knowledge, experience, (of drum corps, and life!) and incredible sense of humor!

I have truly been blessed, and I am a very lucky, and fortunate man!

Thanks also for not blowing the karma! LOL It's gonna be such a fun, and amazing rehearsal!!!

Wishing you all the best, and hope to see you very soon, even if you just visit for an afternoon.

Your grateful student, and friend...

Jim

"Sense of humor..." So what... I amuse you? You mean... like a clown? So I'm there to make you laugh? (you have to think Joe Peschi here in Good Fellows)

I love that scene...

Hey folks...

A SURPRISE announcement will be forthcoming on Sunday, March 7th, in regard to the upcoming Bridgemen rehearsal on Saturday, March 20th!!!

I am not at liberty to disclose this information at this time, but suffice to know that you may want to mark your calendars, and plan on a visit to see the Bridgemen rehearse that day, from 12 noon, until 4:00 p.m.!!!

Something special will be taking place...

More to follow on the 7th!!!

HYPE!!!!!!

JJ

Jim-- can't wait to hear the announcement!!! I'am sure everyone out there is anxious to hear what it is. Could it be A. The Bridgemen Will be playing brand new brass Kanstuls. B. the Bridgemen will be wearing new uniforms.C The Bridgemen will be competing in DCA. D. ????????? Sorry!! everyone will have to wait until March 7th .I'AM SURE IT'S EVEN BETTER !!!! :smile::smile::smile:

Jim-- can't wait to hear the announcement!!! I'am sure everyone out there is anxious to hear what it is. Could it be A. The Bridgemen Will be playing brand new brass Kanstuls. B. the Bridgemen will be wearing new uniforms.C The Bridgemen will be competing in DCA. D. ????????? Sorry!! everyone will have to wait until March 7th .I'AM SURE IT'S EVEN BETTER !!!! :smile::smile::smile:

I hope they finally compete in DCA.

the Renegades do it very very well.

I hope they finally compete in DCA.

the Renegades do it very very well.

Not happening.

We're having too much fun! :smile:

Liz,

That was at the Venice, right? You had a look of bewilderment on your face? : )

Thank you very much, my dear friend! You know that I'm grateful to you, as well, for being such a close, supportive, and loving friend these last five years! You were one of the people that is responsible for helping me to maintain my sanity!!! And of course you were one of the people responsible for my being awarded with this great honor!

Thanks for always being there, for making things fun, and for truly being a sister to lean on for support.

Love...

Jimmy

OH.MY.GAWD! I just fell off the floor laughing. YOU REMEMBER??!!??

Can't stop laughing ~ cawl me later. Let's hang out soon!