Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

I certainly saw guys doing pushups the last 8 years. By being held accountable, let's just say that there was a certain "calling out" of guys who weren't prepared with certain aspects of mental readiness, that I hadn't seen before. Nothing out of line at all, just a bit more intense.

Yeah, Ill go along with that.

Wonderful interview with Rosie Queen in her role this year with the Scouts, from MyBandStaff.com.

To the DCPers,

I rarely see DCP talking about Fan Network videos, so I'm letting you all know that the Madison Scouts have a few videos on the Fan Network available for your viewing pleasure (aside from the official FN performance uploads).

Carry on.

Chad, I really like the alumni clip, thanks for getting Bill Howard. You did a great job, Kitten's Dad :thumbup: is proud of you.

One time he knocked a guy on his ### just for looking the wrong way.

push-ups, how cute!

Vince if you're talking about Mr. T S from out East. He snuck up from behind me at a practice somewhere up in Canada in 81' and just leveled me. When I collected myself and shockingly looked at him with a "what the heck was that for" look, he got in my face and proceeded to scream at me for what seemed like a 15 minuet tirade!!! After practice he privately told me how much he enjoyed that spectacle. He explained that it was for no reason at all and that in his warped way of thinking it was a good thing to periodically and indiscriminately tear down the "leadership" to size. He said something to the effect, "Jerry, you're a good leader and you lead by example.....but I cant let you or anyone else think their a good leader". Huhhhhhh??? He said, "don't let it bother you, you were just the closest one to me at that particular moment, and I just had to let someone have it....nothing personal" I think I plotted for the next several days all the evil things I was going to do to him, I was ticked!!! But in the end, I and everyone else loved the guy and he really knew how to clean our dirt.

Vince if you're talking about Mr. T S from out East. He snuck up from behind me at a practice somewhere up in Canada in 81' and just leveled me. When I collected myself and shockingly looked at him with a "what the heck was that for" look, he got in my face and proceeded to scream at me for what seemed like a 15 minuet tirade!!! After practice he privately told me how much he enjoyed that spectacle. He explained that it was for no reason at all and that in his warped way of thinking it was a good thing to periodically and indiscriminately tear down the "leadership" to size. He said something to the effect, "Jerry, you're a good leader and you lead by example.....but I cant let you or anyone else think their a good leader". Huhhhhhh??? He said, "don't let it bother you, you were just the closest one to me at that particular moment, and I just had to let someone have it....nothing personal" I think I plotted for the next several days all the evil things I was going to do to him, I was ticked!!! But in the end, I and everyone else loved the guy and he really knew how to clean our dirt.

I was thinking of a different incident. It happened at a Whitewater camp.

I've loved the Scouts over the past few years. Hell, I was one of the only people who defended their super hero guard uniforms....but

This year's show just isn't doing it for me. When I come to a drum corps show I wanna see things I don't see elsewhere. I want louder then I've ever heard (wall of sound? so far it's more of a fence.) I'm sorry. If I wanted to hear a so-so arrangement of Gershwin played decently well I can go to some BOA dvds and hear it performed better.

I have never been disappointed by the Madison Scouts. This year I have. And let me tell ya it's a no bueno feeling to have.