Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

Excellent question. My brother, please remember that your contributions in 08 and 09 set the foundation for this return to top 12 status. Without you ......... this would not be happening. Be proud of your brothers and the accolades they are receiving right now ...... the tradition carries on because of you and those who stood beside you. I'll be pulling out my alumni shirt I bought last summer (out of pride for your great efforts and the quality of product you brought to the field) in Kzoo this weekend. Maybe I'll see you there and we can cheer on the Men from Madison together!!!

I am very proud of what my brothers are doing this season and also wish I could be in kzoo to see the show once again, unfortunately summer school prevails right now...here's to the 2010 Madison Scouts and all they have accomplished so far and will accomplish in the end.

My son called and , "Man ,is he havin' a Great time ! " Great show, great staff,great crowds,GREAT BROTHERS,and great food ! :thumbdown:

What more could an Alum. and a parent want !!! :whistle::thumbup::tongue:

Life is Good,

Bill

Bump.

A Scouts discussion thread cannot be allowed to fall to the second page.

Bump.

A Scouts discussion thread cannot be allowed to fall to the second page.

lol :thumbdown:

I won't see the Scouts live till Texas. But I'm wondering, people in the show review section offer very mixed assessments of the level of volume put out by the brass. Are they loud? Or is the sound less than expected, considering the number of brass and the 20 tuba/contras? Perhaps the volume will be increasing over the next few weeks?

I won't see the Scouts live till Texas. But I'm wondering, people in the show review section offer very mixed assessments of the level of volume put out by the brass. Are they loud? Or is the sound less than expected, considering the number of brass and the 20 tuba/contras? Perhaps the volume will be increasing over the next few weeks?

We are loud. Our pit is not where we get our vol. from. I have stood in the end zone and watched alot of corps this summer and from that angle you can hear just how loud some pits are ! I may not should tell this but what the hay ! At one show I was in the restroom while a corps was on the field and they had so much bass rolling out of those speakers the water in the toilet had wave's in it !!!!

Bill

Ya know, I've mentioned the Czapinski bias before and was mocked. But I can say I've heard this from more than a couple of people, including someone who knew them personally from judging WGI. I remember staff being concerned about them being on panel in 2005 during finals week because of their history of scoring the Scouts low on virtually every read. This was at a time when the corps was trying to hold off Bluecoats who eventually passed the Scouts on finals night to finish in 5th.

There definitely SEEMS to be something going on there.

I don't know if I agree with that. Looking at the recaps from finals week 2005, it doesn't look like Czapinski's Visual Ensemble score on finals night was out of line with the rest of the panel that night, or throughout the week. I'm not a judge, but I do have faith in the judging system and hope someone wouldn't have a personal vendetta against any corps.

I don't know if I agree with that. Looking at the recaps from finals week 2005, it doesn't look like Czapinski's Visual Ensemble score on finals night was out of line with the rest of the panel that night, or throughout the week. I'm not a judge, but I do have faith in the judging system and hope someone wouldn't have a personal vendetta against any corps.

I said "were concerned". I just remember that being the case going in...there were people worried about having them on panel to judge the corps based upon past scoring anomolies with the 2 of them. So what I said was absolutely true...it just didn't turn out to hinder the corps based upon their scoring finals week.

Held accountable !?!?!?!?! ...................... In 81' we had one staff guy that would throw rocks at ya ! ........

Bill

Strachan!