Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

Just got back from the Houston show. I can't believe I only get to see one show a year. I was entertained from Teal on up. Drum corps never sucks... Madison was on fire and I really don't get how BK is still beating them but I can also say BK actually entertains this year. No more sleepy time from BK! Madison brought the crowd to their feet several times and it didn't happen again like that until Cavies. I need a bourbon and a major shower.

Madison,

Keep up the good work...wish I could see you guys this year.

:thumbup:

How dare you let this thread fall to page 3 -- bump. Any Scouts fans in Texas. Lets hear from you. I'm gonig to be in Atlanta next week ... any word on the tour T-shirt? I need another shirt Andrew so if you have the tour shirt in, get me a L ready to go. I'm so looking forward to all the show changes since Louisville. Man that seems like a life time ago and it was only 4 weeks.

How dare you let this thread fall to page 3 -- bump. Any Scouts fans in Texas. Lets hear from you. I'm gonig to be in Atlanta next week ... any word on the tour T-shirt? I need another shirt Andrew so if you have the tour shirt in, get me a L ready to go. I'm so looking forward to all the show changes since Louisville. Man that seems like a life time ago and it was only 4 weeks.

I think they are all on facebook. Big show tonight, any changes going in? GO MADISON SCOUTS!

I'm planning to see them at the Erie show. Anyone else going?

Got to hang with the Scouts while in Houston. What a great experience. Some observations: 1) These are some really great young men (I think this should be a given for the Scouts - but needs to be said in any case). 2) Man, these guys work hard and do not complain. 3) No way BK should be ahead of them. Anyone else see that Houston show? Seriously, BK ahead of the Scouts - don't really get that. The Scouts have one of the most enjoyable shows I've seen. Let me see the Scouts show 6 times, Cavies, Cadets, and Devils and I'd call it a great evening.

I fear some difficulties ahead, however, from a scoring perspective. They seem so stuffed between the 30s. This creates some clarity issues right now (will go away by Finals). But, it also creates (IMHO) a less demanding show from a lot of perpectives. Visually, those tight intervals do create some difficulties from a timing and precision perspective - but I would always tend to give credit to groups with more spead (harder to see/clean intervales and distances (Yes I am an old-school interval/distance guy - not a dot-marching guy). I just think they will have difficulty getting credit. I do think they've got one of the nicest ensemble sounds and the guard is really very good and well integrated. I'd love to see them (hear them) again - but don't think that is in the cards. Best of luck - my brothers.

MYNWA,

MF

Would have loved to have been able to see the Scouts this year. From what I've seen on youtube, this looks like one of the most musically listenable shows this year. Go Madison!