Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

This is becoming the only show I can watch continuously on the fan network. I'm really liking how the show has matured and is progressing. Saturday's performance was outstanding!!

I posted this on the Allentown thread but it is probably best here:

I was at Allentown both nights as well. I was interested to see if Madison could breath any new life into these great classics from their past. I will admit to being skeptical and not convinced that it was a wise move to go back and do it all over again in the modern age. They proved to me that this skepticism was unfounded. It was really exhilirating to see how they owned the place when they took the field and how this connected with the fans. I don't think it is possible to ever truely replicate the overwhelming G bugle dominance of the 1974 and 1975 lines, but they were quite convincing and, if anything, added new layers of nuance, style, and evenness to the old blockbuster blueprint. They have definitely reestablished the brand. I, for one, cannot wait to see what the future holds for them. This type of performance is a good anchor for the activity.

Just got in from watching the Scouts ensemble rehearsal and final run at THE Ohio State University. Dr. Woods, director of the outstanding OSU marching band, was in the tower watching too.

The corps sounded fantastic...especially the low brass!!! There is NO WAY this corps will not be performing Saturday night.

All I can say is thank you Scouts. 1975 Scouts was one of my favorite shows as a kid. I have looked forward to this production since it

was announced. I saw it in Atlanta at the Georgia Dome and it was great. It will bring the house down in Indy.

I can't wait. We will be on our feet for you guys in Indy! :thumbup:

I also saw the brothers at OSU...I had no idea they were going to be there. For some reason, I decided that I was going to have my morning coffee while walking around campus. When I arrived at Ohio Stadium, I was pleasantly surprised to find the equipment truck parked just outside. Guess I picked the right day to walk around campus...

Great rehearsal, and amazing run through.

I'm proud to be an alum, and really can't wait 'til they march onto the field at Lucas Oil Stadium on Saturday night...go get 'em, brothers! May You Never Walk Alone!!!

I too was fortunate enough to get to see the corps today at OSU. Very happy with where this show has progressed to! Found myself watching the guard as much as anything today and these guys really ARE quite good. So it's entirely understandable why the guard has been one of the corps' strongest captions. This show had really really become a complete package. MUCH more GE than when I saw them in Madison. A lot of incredible moments!

Very happy about what I'm seeing from this staff and membership!

Congratulations to everyone involved in this year's edition of the Madison Scouts. I expect that one of the highlights of the weekend will be watching the Scouts march on to the field on Saturday night, only surpassed by being part of the massive ovation at the end of their show.

Things are rapidly improving and it's been a lot of fun to watch! Best wishes to the Scouts this week!!!!