Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

You go Geno!

And Wayne.....here's a possible hint (meaning I don't know if they'll ad this)

Notice towards the end of Rhapsody that the Guard guys are looking skyward admiring something?

Well, what are they admiring?

The skyscraper they're building.....? Isn't that the point? They're building a skyscraper in New York or some other big city in the 20s or 30s?

I must honestly say that I don't buy the spats story. I had a chance to buy 250 sets and had samples of many sizes. Although, this stuff does happen in the textile/garment industry, of which I have been involved with for over 20yrs. But, WTF who cares. In this day off hide, hide, why not put them on and say "here we are! take a look, judge this MF".

I'm sure the guys in charge know better than all of the arm chair drum majors out there that sit at home in the dark in their underwear and watch the fan network and profess their expert assessments from a computer screen rather than go and see a live show.

Scouts have had a great year! I hope they keep climbing.

I must honestly say that I don't buy the spats story. I had a chance to buy 250 sets and had samples of many sizes. Although, this stuff does happen in the textile/garment industry, of which I have been involved with for over 20yrs. But, WTF who cares. In this day off hide, hide, why not put them on and say "here we are! take a look, judge this MF".

I'm sure the guys in charge know better than all of the arm chair drum majors out there that sit at home in the dark in their underwear and watch the fan network and profess their expert assessments from a computer screen rather than go and see a live show.

Scouts have had a great year! I hope they keep climbing.

Well, it was explained very throughly by their executive director on DCP (which he didn't have to do by the way) so think what you like, even if it's wrong. :thumbup:

You go Geno!

Notice towards the end of Rhapsody that the Guard guys are looking skyward admiring something?

Finally, the often mentioned never delivered, JETPACKS!!

I'd think we would know if they were going to debut the spats this week b/c wouldn't they at least want to practice in them some to get the look and feel? And if they did this, it would surely leak and be posted on forums like this.

Having said that, it would be super cool if they did wear these and the suprise be pulled off.

Keep it up guys! You have A LOT of fans this year that can't wait to see the show at Finals!!

Well, it was explained very throughly by their executive director on DCP (which he didn't have to do by the way) so think what you like, even if it's wrong. :thumbup:

LOL - I'm glad you responded..I was gonna reply in my not so subtle way...you did it much better :thumbup:

G

You go Geno!

...the 1975 championship flag and a camera being held by the DM?!?!?! :thumbup:

It doesn't make any sense that a company selling spats would ship 150 pair of spats to the Madison Scouts & some of those spats were yellowed instead of bright white. If that did happen, Madison would contact the company & return the spats that weren't bright white & have them replaced.

As far as the comments about "dirty feet" go, when did drum corps become full of a bunch of wussies? Ok...don't answer that...but seriously, I don't like anyone playing scared. Why isn't it possible for a modern drum corps to march cleanly with white shoes or spats?

The Scouts should say screw it, we're the Madison Scouts & we wear spats, we will march our ### off & blow your face off!

Edited by Eddie
filter circumvention - ee

I'd think we would know if they were going to debut the spats this week b/c wouldn't they at least want to practice in them some to get the look and feel? And if they did this, it would surely leak and be posted on forums like this.

Having said that, it would be super cool if they did wear these and the suprise be pulled off.

Keep it up guys! You have A LOT of fans this year that can't wait to see the show at Finals!!

Yea...if you put spats on the wrong feet backwards you are in for some real trouble!

Yea...if you put spats on the wrong feet backwards you are in for some real trouble!

I did this in 1970 in the Madison Jr. Scouts.

The result – Pancake, splat, facedown on the field. That was 40 years ago, and I still remember it.