Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

Congratulations to both Tom and Chris for coming up with this terrific fund raising idea. Raising this much money in a couple weeks is nothing short of amazing.

It was exciting. It was close. It was fun. And it was successful.

Both corps are winners in my book. And though Chris will have to wear red and black, and we have to display the Crusader Lion, it is a small price to pay to garner this level of fan and alumni involvement.

The guys brought it tonight. Love the new ending. Mason and his crew are amazing - seamless transition into the new ending, which will bring the crowd to its feet in Indy. Can't wait.

Oh yeah . . .

GO SCOUTS!!

The guys brought it tonight. Love the new ending.

I agree. I thought they put on a hellava show.

I like the new ending too. And if I'm not mistaken, there were some other changes in the middle too. Though since I haven't seen them since Cedarburg, those modifications could have been in for awhile.

GO SCOUTS!

PS -- I certainly don't want to criticize any other corps, but man, what are they smoking in California? I found it almost painful to watch SCV and BD.

0.2 behind BK

0.6 behind BAC

2 weeks to go...we got a full tank of gas, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses :)

"Hit it!"

Great job in Atlanta Scouts. Look forward to seeing you a couple of times here in Ohio.

Loved the new ending!!!

Don't forget... The most important score comes from the judges that PAY to see you and they let you know that score (or not) a lot sooner than the green shirts do.

By George I think 9th is sooo do able. From 15th to 9th that would be great .... poised for next year top 5? Blue Devils are in a league of their own this year ... must be some good stuff they are smoking out west, but the mirrors on the field worked. If I could have had an encore tonight it would have been the Scouts ... My eyes welted up with the new ending and John working his magice from the podium. 2 weeks to go and I think this show has some gas left in the tank. Come on guys keep up the great work!

Terrific job overall tonight and an excellent score. After Texas, I thought BK and BAC were waving goodbye, but not so. I am still concerned about the brass performance, though -- 13th place behind Glassmen and the Academy. Technique subcaption was very strong -- tied the Blue Stars for 10th and right on the heels of BK and BAC. But musicianship -- 15th behind the Academy, Troopers, Glassmen and Spirit. That's difficult to believe. At both Dallas and San Antonio, the Scouts' brass received a higher score for musicianship than technique. Then at Denton, just the opposite. So it's probably just a matter of who happens to be judging the caption on a given night--one person's totally subjective opinion. Play loud and excite the crowd. That's all that really matters to most of the corps' fans.

PS -- I certainly don't want to criticize any other corps, but man, what are they smoking in California? I found it almost painful to watch SCV and BD.

I agree 100%. The Blue Devils show makes me want to jump off a tall building. SCV's show makes me want to jump out the top floor window of the same building.

Both of these shows are prime examples of what is wrong with modern day drum corps, with show coordinators & arrangers writing high brow music that perhaps impresses some music majors & other corps arrangers, but the average fan neither gets it of enjoys it.

I think I'll watch 1976 BD now...

"Hit it!"

*cough overrated cough*

The Blues Brothers, that is. Not the Scouts.