Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

0.2 behind BK

0.6 behind BAC

2 weeks to go...we got a full tank of gas, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses :)

Exactly. And the caption needing the most improvement (per the recap) . . . . brass performance?! Really?! That's eminently doable.

How 'bout that guard!

Plan to get my aviators in Indy (if there are any left).

GO SCOUTS!!

Great to see the score starting to go up. I haven't seen the corps in a week or two but thirteenth in brass is extremely surprising to me, a lot of corps must have REALLY improved their brass playing in a short amount of time if that score is accurate.

Go Madison!!!!

Great to see the score starting to go up. I haven't seen the corps in a week or two but thirteenth in brass is extremely surprising to me, a lot of corps must have REALLY improved their brass playing in a short amount of time if that score is accurate.

Go Madison!!!!

Would the changes have anything to do with that? Perhaps their concentration on the footwork has the guys somewhat neglecting the music. I would imagine that their scores will rebound as they get more comfortable.

Would the changes have anything to do with that? Perhaps their concentration on the footwork has the guys somewhat neglecting the music. I would imagine that their scores will rebound as they get more comfortable.

The ensemble blend sounded wonderful last night. But, I did catch a few muddy articulations

by the Contras in Rhapsody and a timing glitch in the Bari feature of Slaughter. It could

be little things like that which hold us back....but, I am VERY confident they will

fix those little mental errors. How 'bout that drumline though....much improved!

So what explains the meteoric rise in guard this year? Veteran members? Design staff placing the guys in better places on the field? Better work? Better execution? All of the above?

I know that the new guard staff has an unbelievable track record, but I must say that I'm more than pleasantly surprised with the improvement from last year to this year.

I took my Mom to see her Grandson march in his age-out year last night in Atl. She and my Dad came to countless shows back when I marched ,yet because of heath reason's she has not seen Frankie on the field live but once throughout all of his years in band and drum corps. It was a long day starting at her house and driving to the show and then back home . ( 7:00 am this morning ! )

We had great seats on the 40 in the wheelchair section. We got into the dome in time to see Acadamy. All that morning she just kept saying, " I hope I do'nt cry when Frankie's on the field. " She befriended everybody around us and they all knew her GRANDSON was a MADISON SCOUT before long.

Finally, it was time for the corps to take the field. You should have seen Mom as soon as she saw that first uni come out of that tunnel ! Most alive I've seen her in years !!!!!!! While the guy's were setting up to start the show I noticed her movin' around alot in her chair . She had pulled her footrest's of her wheelchair up. I asked her if something was wrong and she said no . Well, the guy's started the show and when they got the the end of the opening statement the whole crowd was up screamin' and that's when I noticed . Mom was standing up Screamin' like everybody else !!!!!!!!!!!! The show went on and we just kept cheering. At the end of the show we where all up and cheering before the end of the show and sure enough she was back up screamin', jumpin' and cryin' !!!!!!! Then she High-Fived everybody in the area ! It was AWESOME ! :worthy::lol::lol:

The corps left the field and in about 45 mins. Frankie showed up. Oh ... You should have seen Mom. Once again everybody around us was told ," This in my Grandson Frankie and He is a Madison Scout ! "

It was a long drive home but She was buzzing about the corps. I want thank all my Brothers for bringin' that spark back to my Mom ! You guy's are the GREATEST ! :lol:

Bill

YWNWA

Edited by Bill L.

I took my Mom to see her Grandson march in his age-out year last night in Atl. She and my Dad came to countless shows back when I marched ,yet because of heath reason's she has not seen Frankie on the field live but once throughout all of his years in band and drum corps. It was a long day starting at her house and driving to the show and then back home . ( 7:00 am this morning ! )

We had great seats on the 40 in the wheelchair section. We got into the dome in time to see Acadamy. All that morning she just kept saying, " I hope I do'nt cry when Frankie's on the field. " She befriended everybody around us and they all knew her GRANDSON was a MADISON SCOUT before long.

Finally, it was time for the corps to take the field. You should have seen Mom as soon as she saw that first uni come out of that tunnel ! Most alive I've seen her in years !!!!!!! While the guy's were setting up to start the show I noticed her movin' around alot in her chair . She had pulled her footrest's of her wheelchair up. I asked her if something was wrong and she said no . Well, the guy's started the show and when they got the the end of the opening statement the whole crowd was up screamin' and that's when I noticed . Mom was standing up Screamin' like everybody else !!!!!!!!!!!! The show went on and we just kept cheering. At the end of the show we where all up and cheering before the end of the show and sure enough she was back up screamin', jumpin' and cryin' !!!!!!! Then she High-Fived everybody in the area ! It was AWESOME ! :worthy::lol::lol:

The corps left the field and in about 45 mins. Frankie showed up. Oh ... You should have seen Mom. Once again everybody around us was told ," This in my Grandson Frankie and He is a Madison Scout ! "

It was a long drive home but She was buzzing about the corps. I want thank all my Brothers for bringin' that spark back to my Mom ! You guy's are the GREATEST ! :lol:

Bill

YWNWA

This must have one cool evening for all of you. You must have howled when you saw her standing during the opening statement (I sure chuckled as I read your account.) . Good for all of you! I'm sure all of you will treasure your experience.