Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

This has surely been said repeatedly, but the Scouts brought the Dome to its feet faster than anything else all night. The whole show was amazing, but that opening statement was absolutely breathtaking (especially from the third row :worthy: ). Bravo and WELCOME BACK! :lol:

I took my Mom to see her Grandson march in his age-out year last night in Atl. She and my Dad came to countless shows back when I marched ,yet because of heath reason's she has not seen Frankie on the field live but once throughout all of his years in band and drum corps. It was a long day starting at her house and driving to the show and then back home . ( 7:00 am this morning ! )

We had great seats on the 40 in the wheelchair section. We got into the dome in time to see Acadamy. All that morning she just kept saying, " I hope I do'nt cry when Frankie's on the field. " She befriended everybody around us and they all knew her GRANDSON was a MADISON SCOUT before long.

Finally, it was time for the corps to take the field. You should have seen Mom as soon as she saw that first uni come out of that tunnel ! Most alive I've seen her in years !!!!!!! While the guy's were setting up to start the show I noticed her movin' around alot in her chair . She had pulled her footrest's of her wheelchair up. I asked her if something was wrong and she said no . Well, the guy's started the show and when they got the the end of the opening statement the whole crowd was up screamin' and that's when I noticed . Mom was standing up Screamin' like everybody else !!!!!!!!!!!! The show went on and we just kept cheering. At the end of the show we where all up and cheering before the end of the show and sure enough she was back up screamin', jumpin' and cryin' !!!!!!! Then she High-Fived everybody in the area ! It was AWESOME ! :worthy::lol::lol:

The corps left the field and in about 45 mins. Frankie showed up. Oh ... You should have seen Mom. Once again everybody around us was told ," This in my Grandson Frankie and He is a Madison Scout ! "

It was a long drive home but She was buzzing about the corps. I want thank all my Brothers for bringin' that spark back to my Mom ! You guy's are the GREATEST ! :lol:

Bill

YWNWA

Geez Bill, I'm trying to work here and now I have these big tears in my eyes.

Frankie may not realize it but years from now that night will probably be the best memory he has of his drum corps career.

The guys were certainly on fire Sat.

I'm looking forward to the next 2 weeks.

Mike

Great story, Bill! I too had a sizable lump in my throat. That may or may not be the last time she sees the corps, but I know it will be a memory the 3 of you will cherish for many years.

This has surely been said repeatedly, but the Scouts brought the Dome to its feet faster than anything else all night. The whole show was amazing, but that opening statement was absolutely breathtaking (especially from the third row :blink: ). Bravo and WELCOME BACK! :tongue:

DITTO! The Madison Scouts are BY FAR my favorite corps/show this year. All of my friends and my mom agreed that this show was their favorite of the night.

I took my Mom to see her Grandson march in his age-out year last night in Atl. She and my Dad came to countless shows back when I marched ,yet because of heath reason's she has not seen Frankie on the field live but once throughout all of his years in band and drum corps. It was a long day starting at her house and driving to the show and then back home . ( 7:00 am this morning ! )

We had great seats on the 40 in the wheelchair section. We got into the dome in time to see Acadamy. All that morning she just kept saying, " I hope I do'nt cry when Frankie's on the field. " She befriended everybody around us and they all knew her GRANDSON was a MADISON SCOUT before long.

Finally, it was time for the corps to take the field. You should have seen Mom as soon as she saw that first uni come out of that tunnel ! Most alive I've seen her in years !!!!!!! While the guy's were setting up to start the show I noticed her movin' around alot in her chair . She had pulled her footrest's of her wheelchair up. I asked her if something was wrong and she said no . Well, the guy's started the show and when they got the the end of the opening statement the whole crowd was up screamin' and that's when I noticed . Mom was standing up Screamin' like everybody else !!!!!!!!!!!! The show went on and we just kept cheering. At the end of the show we where all up and cheering before the end of the show and sure enough she was back up screamin', jumpin' and cryin' !!!!!!! Then she High-Fived everybody in the area ! It was AWESOME ! :blink::tongue::mat:

The corps left the field and in about 45 mins. Frankie showed up. Oh ... You should have seen Mom. Once again everybody around us was told ," This in my Grandson Frankie and He is a Madison Scout ! "

It was a long drive home but She was buzzing about the corps. I want thank all my Brothers for bringin' that spark back to my Mom ! You guy's are the GREATEST ! :mat:

Bill

YWNWA

I'm not even a Madison Scout and this made me well up. Thanks for sharing this!

Just listened to the vod on fannetwork on 10. WOW! Nothing like taking it to the next level. Proud alum here in Madison Wisc. Great changes, kudos to everyone. Crowd loves it, wish I was there. 2 weeks left, the sky is the limit for this show.

BYBO men, GO MADISON SCOUTS!

Even though it was the webcast it was obvious they were markedly louder than earlier season (or even a week ago). Consider the crow eaten on that particular issue. Liked the changes, clean them up a bit and Madison is in 9th IMO.

Just listened to the vod on fannetwork on 10. WOW! Nothing like taking it to the next level. Proud alum here in Madison Wisc. Great changes, kudos to everyone. Crowd loves it, wish I was there. 2 weeks left, the sky is the limit for this show.

BYBO men, GO MADISON SCOUTS!

I can't wait to see it at the theatre on Aug 12. I was unable to make to the DCI Minnesota show earlier this summer.

It sounds like our brothers have a very entertaining show this year!