Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

Even though it was the webcast it was obvious they were markedly louder than earlier season (or even a week ago). Consider the crow eaten on that particular issue. Liked the changes, clean them up a bit and Madison is in 9th IMO.

I am going to eat some crow, I sure had hope, they were going to be alot closer to SCV last night. Love the changes, just wish they would of put the tag ending in somewhere for that extra 4 pt jump, or more. This is year 4 for this board and I dont know but I am always looking for more, its just my nature. I was hoping that the boys would get to have that feeling that so many countless others have had over the years. I thought for sure that this would be the year, with the show they picked. Slaughter and RCB without the classic tag ending is to me what is missing to move up with the big boys of DCI. Are we scared of it? I just dont get it. Madison Scouts will at least make finals and I will just have to live with that. I just dont like it, and I am a nobody so it really does not matter. 10th - 12th is more in the offering. Sorry, I was looking for more. Good luck guys, it has been a great summer.

Jason

Winning isnt everything, but it doesnt suck.

See ya all next year, enjoy the last week before finals.

Out!

GO MADISON SCOUTS!

Glad to hear the Scouts have now turned up the volume--the real live brass that is, not any electronic stuff. Apparently, the brass was being held back during the Texas tour, so I didn't get to hear what the corps really sounds like.

After this season is complete, what's the outlook in terms of the current membership? Is this a relatively young corps that could return mostly intact? And with all the success of 2010 and the "new" staff & direction, is it likely that the level of talent the corps is able to attract will increase over the next few years?

I am going to eat some crow, I sure had hope, they were going to be alot closer to SCV last night. Love the changes, just wish they would of put the tag ending in somewhere for that extra 4 pt jump, or more. This is year 4 for this board and I dont know but I am always looking for more, its just my nature. I was hoping that the boys would get to have that feeling that so many countless others have had over the years. I thought for sure that this would be the year, with the show they picked. Slaughter and RCB without the classic tag ending is to me what is missing to move up with the big boys of DCI. Are we scared of it? I just dont get it. Madison Scouts will at least make finals and I will just have to live with that. I just dont like it, and I am a nobody so it really does not matter. 10th - 12th is more in the offering. Sorry, I was looking for more. Good luck guys, it has been a great summer.

Jason

Out!

GO MADISON SCOUTS!

I couldn't disagree with you more brother. The Men of Madison stole the show in Atlanta on Saturday and the feeling they got from that performance was certainly as great as the 1000's of Scouts before them have felt. They felt the crowd and the crowd felt them - it was an energy level that was the Madison Scouts. I loved the new tag ending and truthfully was happy they stayed clear of the over played ending that we played every year I marched (and probably you too). It was balls to the wall and there wasn't a person left sitting in their seat. I see the Scouts ending up in 9th at minimum on Aug. 14th. Of course I'm a homer and eternal optimist and we'll see if they keep progressing as much in the judges mind as they do in the audience's mind. They jumped 4 point from San Antonio to Atlanta and we'll see in the next 2 nights how they do against BK and BAC. Lots of cleaning left to do.

I Love these guys.

GO SCOUTS!!!

Jason

Out!

GO MADISON SCOUTS!

Well you never know, they have 9 days till quarterfinals and 5 contests during that stretch. 4 solid rehearsal days is enough for another big change, problem is none of the days off are in a row I don't think.

here we are, seeing them almost a lock for finals.

and i got #### from some in this thread for saying making finals a goal was a bad idea.

i guarantee you now, had they not been scoring what they are, the hype would be less, and the brand would need even more work.

seems, I was right.

go Madison, love the show, and I can't wait to see you this weekend and next week

I am going to eat some crow, I sure had hope, they were going to be alot closer to SCV last night. ... I was hoping that the boys would get to have that feeling that so many countless others have had over the years. ... Madison Scouts will at least make finals and I will just have to live with that. ... Winning isnt everything, but it doesnt suck.

There were several THOUSAND drum corps fans in Centerville last night and when the show was over it was not SCV they were talking about. They gave the Scouts a thunderous ovation that started before the show ended and they continued to stand and cheer until the final members (DMs) had passed in review.

Believe me...the boys were "having the feeling" last night!

Making finals IS a big deal.

Winning doesn't suck...but being THE CORPS that the fans want to see again is EVEN BETTER. I know at least one of the "big boys" that will NOT get to experience that feeling.

Edited by oldbandguy

Winning doesn't suck...but being THE CORPS that the fans want to see again is EVEN BETTER.

This IS the Madison Scouts!

here we are, seeing them almost a lock for finals.

and i got #### from some in this thread for saying making finals a goal was a bad idea.

i guarantee you now, had they not been scoring what they are, the hype would be less, and the brand would need even more work.

seems, I was right.

go Madison, love the show, and I can't wait to see you this weekend and next week

Perhaps I am reading this statement wrong, but I think if they were scoring less than they currently are, there would be a riot happening. They deserve their current score, if not more, but it isn't the score and current placement that is creating the hype. It is a more traditional, action packed, loud and in-your-face, throw-the-babies-on-the-field show that is creating all the hype. Hands down the most exciting show of the summer. Maybe not the best executed, but the one creating more buzz from the fans.

I'm enjoying Boston and Blue Knights this year, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Madison Boys surge ahead....heck, I'd have them above SCV and on the heels of Blue Stars.

It is a more traditional, action packed, loud and in-your-face, throw-the-babies-on-the-field show that is creating all the hype. Hands down the most exciting show of the summer.

:thumbup: As it should! Love it!