Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

Have to agree with oldbandguy, easily one of the most enjoyed shows of the night, even over the local favorite the Bluecoats. Non band/drum corps people found it much more accessible then the shows by SCV and Bluecoats.

msquared

Have to agree with oldbandguy, easily one of the most enjoyed shows of the night, even over the local favorite the Bluecoats. Non band/drum corps people found it much more accessible then the shows by SCV and Bluecoats.

msquared

And from what I surmise from many different posts on DCP and elsewhere a few drum corps people find it more accessible and enjoyable as well. :thumbup:

Perhaps I am reading this statement wrong, but I think if they were scoring less than they currently are, there would be a riot happening. They deserve their current score, if not more, but it isn't the score and current placement that is creating the hype. It is a more traditional, action packed, loud and in-your-face, throw-the-babies-on-the-field show that is creating all the hype. Hands down the most exciting show of the summer. Maybe not the best executed, but the one creating more buzz from the fans.

I'm enjoying Boston and Blue Knights this year, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Madison Boys surge ahead....heck, I'd have them above SCV and on the heels of Blue Stars.

i dont think a riot would happen outsie of diehards and true Madison fans. too many band wagon hoppers, IMO, and honestly, bashers would come out of the woodwork to say "it's stuck in the past"

Glad to hear the Scouts have now turned up the volume--the real live brass that is, not any electronic stuff. Apparently, the brass was being held back during the Texas tour, so I didn't get to hear what the corps really sounds like.

After this season is complete, what's the outlook in terms of the current membership? Is this a relatively young corps that could return mostly intact? And with all the success of 2010 and the "new" staff & direction, is it likely that the level of talent the corps is able to attract will increase over the next few years?

Do Corps really "hold back" these days"? Really? There was NEVER any holding back, at least not in 1981 anyway. It was b a l l s out every night.

The fans deserve it.

There were several THOUSAND drum corps fans in Centerville last night and when the show was over it was not SCV they were talking about. They gave the Scouts a thunderous ovation that started before the show ended and they continued to stand and cheer until the final members (DMs) had passed in review.

Believe me...the boys were "having the feeling" last night!

Making finals IS a big deal.

Winning doesn't suck...but being THE CORPS that the fans want to see again is EVEN BETTER. I know at least one of the "big boys" that will NOT get to experience that feeling.

The people who are talking about 2010 SCV are saying"what in Gods name was that"?

Do Corps really "hold back" these days"? Really? There was NEVER any holding back, at least not in 1981 anyway. It was b a l l s out every night.

The fans deserve it.

Understandable. But in all honesty, it's better to break a horse before you try and ride it. Otherwise, he eithe won't let you on, or he'll take off uncontrollably once you are, if you catch the analogy. It's easier to create the sound you want first and THEN unleash it than to try to shape and control a hot mess once it's out there.

Understandable. But in all honesty, it's better to break a horse before you try and ride it. Otherwise, he eithe won't let you on, or he'll take off uncontrollably once you are, if you catch the analogy. It's easier to create the sound you want first and THEN unleash it than to try to shape and control a hot mess once it's out there.

Balls out was unleashed the first weekend in June back in the day, & it didnt let up until Finals ended.

Balls out was unleashed the first weekend in June back in the day, & it didnt let up until Finals ended.

And we all know nothing's changed since back in the day. :thumbup:

I get what you're saying, but BYBO with a crass sound isn't desirable either. This was a young hornline. The staff wanted to make sure that they played in tune with a GOOD sound first, before adding volume. It's certainly smarter to create the sound you want and THEN crank up the volume.