Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

A-hem.

The one thing that encourages me about the Scouts for this year is the people in charge seem to have a clear idea of where they are going and how they are going to get there. I feel that is something that has been missing in Madison for the better part of the last decade.

Now, I don't think anything they are doing is particularly innovative or risky as has been suggested elsewhere. Someone has already stated that there is no risk-taking when you finished 15th the previous year. I agree. If the Scouts had been contenders lately, a retro uni and a throwback show might be a risk. However, the Scouts do have a greater historical legacy than some other corps that finish in the vast drum corps desert that lies between 12th place and 24th place. Plus, the guys in charge have reputations to uphold.

As far as the uniform is concerned, I like the idea. As long as they stick to it. I have grown rather tired of the revolving door of Scouts unis. The 2007 uniform was particularly bad.

As far as the show, I've never been in love with Rhapsody in Blue. I do however dig Slaughter on 10th Avenue. I don't think it would be a horrible thing if they didn't have a theme.

I still maintain that it is going to take more than one year to turn things around. If the Scouts put out an entertaining program that is widely appealing and relatively clean, they will be in great shape for 2011. I don't see them any higher than 13th.

I remain cautiously optimistic about the 2010 Madison Scouts.

A-hem.

A-hem.

You do have to consider the source. :tongue:

just one question....who have Glassmen beaten this year that was ahead of them? They started out a point ahead of Scouts at the first show in Louisville. So far, Scouts have taken out Glassmen and opened the spread head-to-head, and now BK. I'd say that the Scouts are the only of those 3 with upward momentum at the moment.

Yep the Scouts are the only ones with upward momentum.

Scores as of 8/6

1 Blue Devils : 96.35

2 Carolina Crown : 93.35

2 The Cadets : 93.35

4 Bluecoats : 93.25

5 Cavaliers : 92.65

6 Phantom Regiment : 90.90

7 Blue Stars : 90.55

8 Santa Clara Vanguard : 88.50

9 Boston Crusaders : 87.00

10 Blue Knights : 86.95

11 Glassmen : 86.65

12 Madison Scouts : 85.75

13 The Colts : 84.75

14 Academy : 83.05

15 Troopers : 82.05

16 Spirit : 80.90

17 Crossmen : 79.75

18 Pacific Crest 78.95

19 Teal Sound 75.70

20 Mandarins 75.15

21 Jersey Surf 74.75

22 Pioneer 73.15

23 Cascades 72.85

Edited by baja

Yep the Scouts are the only ones with upward momentum.

Scores as of 8/6

1 Blue Devils : 96.35

2 Carolina Crown : 93.35

2 The Cadets : 93.35

4 Bluecoats : 93.25

5 Cavaliers : 92.65

6 Phantom Regiment : 90.90

7 Blue Stars : 90.55

8 Santa Clara Vanguard : 88.50

9 Boston Crusaders : 87.00

10 Blue Knights : 86.95

11 Glassmen : 86.65

12 Madison Scouts : 85.75

13 The Colts : 84.75

14 Academy : 83.05

15 Troopers : 82.05

16 Spirit : 80.90

17 Crossmen : 79.75

18 Pacific Crest 78.95

19 Teal Sound 75.70

20 Mandarins 75.15

21 Jersey Surf 74.75

22 Pioneer 73.15

23 Cascades 72.85

Puhleeeze...He spoke of head-to-head spreads. You're comparing scores from different shows and different panels. Let's compare apples to apples!

I'm getting more than a little bit concerned about the Scouts going into finals week. They are hanging on to the 12th spot & the Colts have really closed the gap.

I'm getting more than a little bit concerned about the Scouts going into finals week. They are hanging on to the 12th spot & the Colts have really closed the gap.

Relax Brother. Those are not head to head rankings. Scouts beat both BK and Glassmen

at their last show together and were a mere .3 behind Boston. I think the Scouts

be quite o.k....plus, I'm sure Mason and Company have a few tricks still up their sleeves. :)

Relax Brother. Those are not head to head rankings. Scouts beat both BK and Glassmen

at their last show together and were a mere .3 behind Boston. I think the Scouts

be quite o.k....plus, I'm sure Mason and Company have a few tricks still up their sleeves. :)

I'm still holding out hope that Chris K. made up the story about the spats & that they break them out during finals week.

go colts!

did you notice how scouts have closed in on the corps above them.... BK, done, Boston close.. SCV closest in a decade..

scouts are good.

Edited by Cop