Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

I dunno man. I am in the minority in thinking that 90 was THE version of Remembrance. I know I had a blast learning/playing along with the lead sop part to keep my chops up ..... with the Dolby cranked up to 10. My neighbors HATED MY GUTS :P

I truly envied "Flip" for the book he got to play. The closer smoked too ..........

Well thank you. I guess I liked the 98 version better for the Drum parts and

the overall energy level. But Flip was definitely a monster as well as Taco and Bone!

Oh, and you needed to keep your chops up with that Bernstein book you had

to play that year....especially Candide!

Edited by madalumni

WOW.... :music: Having seen the 2010 show on a certain video sight, that's MY impression.... I had the pleasure & privilidge of seeing the 75 show live several times (U.S Open, DCI in Philly), & that was & allways will be my favorite all time performance... :thumbdown: As far as I'm concerned this one is right up there.... Yeah I'm a dinosuar that LOVES old school drum corps, & this has TONS of that, I mean what's better then "Slaughter" & "Rhapsody In Blue", hey dinosaurs like me love that kinda stuff, but it also has plenty of the "New" stuff to keep todays purists happy... I hope above hope that they make finals so the fans can experience a "True" Drum corps performance, they'll LOVE it... But hey this is only my opinion, but I know what I like, & this is IT.... Good Luck Scouts!!!! :smile:

Edited by k357

By the way, my photos from the show are posted here: Erie 2010

Here's a sampling:

madisonscouts02.jpg

madisonscouts06.jpg

madisonscouts07.jpg

madisonscouts09.jpg

madisonscouts25.jpg

madisonscouts30.jpg

madisonscouts31.jpg

madisonscouts40.jpg

Edited by byline

Awesome photos! Thanks for sharing. :lookaround:

You're welcome! I wish that second one were in better focus. I was having fits with my camera not adjusting to that dusk period, when there's still light in the sky, but the sun is down and the field lights are on. Plus, I forgot to charge up my second set of rechargeable batteries, so I was having fun swapping between rechargeables and old alkalines that weren't fully charged. Still managed to get a few good photos, though.

Here, here! I got to play Remembrance in 1990 as our middle piece. We did well with it, but

98 just took it to another level. People were throwing babies after that ending!

I'd agree with the other guy; I like 98 based on cleanliness, but 90's arrangement was just BALLS (even with the shaky battery feature). I'm pretty sure it was played in a different (higher) key, making that sop trio feature even more ridiculous!

Agreed on the pics. Great shots!!

And agreed on '98 Remembrance. I was listening to that just the other day. Actually, that entire show was amazing and that drumline was smokin!!

Always does my soul good to see such positive comments about the 98 show since it's the one I marched with Scouts. That show usually gets forgotten because it fell right between the Pirates in 97 and Jesus Christ Superstar in 99.

And keep it up Scouts. So happy to see the men back as a crowd favorite.

Just watched the Allentown performance on Fan Network. WOW!!

Seeing the crowd react like that to a Madison show - the way it used to be - makes me tear up. Can't wait to experience it live this week.

GO SCOUTS!!