Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

Has anyone heard ... will there be changes in the show for finals? YES or NO? Can you provide us a hint or two or three? Could we possibly see the infamous white spats?

Has anyone heard ... will there be changes in the show for finals? YES or NO? Can you provide us a hint or two or three? Could we possibly see the infamous white spats?

:thumbup:

I have no clue if there is or isn't anything special being added - my gut would say: "probably, yes." But do you really want to know? Come on, now... would you have wanted to know Santa Clara added the Bottle Dance to the end of their show or be amazingly surprised by it? Do you want to know what all the Christmas presents are under the tree by December 20th, or be surprised by them on the 25th? Shall I read the ending of a book to you before you have a chance to read it???

LOL... :thumbup:

Edited by GGarrett

I'm still having a difficult time believing Komnicks story about the Scouts buying 150 pair of spats...but when they were delivered they discovered that they weren't all the same shade of white. Huh? If this were true, couldn't they have been bleached?

My money is on the Scouts wearing spats at finals.

Edited by FlamMan

I'm still having a difficult time believing Komnicks story about the Scouts buying 150 pair of spats...bet when they were delivered they discovered that they weren't all the same shade of white. Huh? If this was true, couldn't they have been bleached?

If they actually had 150 of them delivered...they might say "ok, what the hell" and do it at finals.

...but I'm seriously doubting it.

Though it would be frickin amazing and I might be ###### I won't be seeing that performance live.

I'm still having a difficult time believing Komnicks story about the Scouts buying 150 pair of spats...bet when they were delivered they discovered that they weren't all the same shade of white. Huh? If this was true, couldn't they have been bleached?

I think that would be a great "poker face" move ... and would be a great! :thumbup:

That would be a huge chance being taken if feet are messy. I would rather see them be the best they could be and maybe knock off a few more . ( LOL..how we cling to the past )

OMG... LOL... NO offense, Guardling, and you have to take this one (from me) on the chin when I know you meant no offense. BUT:

I am so sick of reading mini-lectures about living in the past and clinging to the past and why do you old guys (and girls) all want corps to be what it used to be and stop trying to make corps what it used to be, and blahh blahh blahh and everyone better just start thinking like I do because I hate it when old people come in and live in the past and vomit barf and puke, etc etc etc.

How about this: How about all you young people who think you are so on the cutting edge of what is happening with drum corps and refuse to even remotely give some small amount of credit to those that came before you KISS MY ### and try hard to realize that it's mostly "OLD GUYS" who came before you that are making corp shows the way they are now. How does that sound?

Because one day YOU will be looking back and saying: "Well, back when I marched we NEVER would have done this or that" and "Drum corps was so much better when I was marching" ... and some young kid who isn't even born yet will be telling YOU to stop clinging to the past. :thumbup:

Cadets haven't changed the basic look of their uniform... EVER. "Clinging to the past?"

Phantom has stuck with Classical complex music since they began. "Clinging to the past?"

...and I don't give a crap what anyone who wants to come in and flame on me thinks... so go ahead and flame. :thumbup:

OMG... LOL... NO offense, Guardling, and you have to take this one (from me) on the chin when I know you meant no offense. BUT:

I am so sick of reading mini-lectures about living in the past and clinging to the past and why do you old guys (and girls) all want corps to be what it used to be and stop trying to make corps what it used to be, and blahh blahh blahh and everyone better just start thinking like I do because I hate it when old people come in and live in the past and vomit barf and puke, etc etc etc.

How about this: How about all you young people who think you are so on the cutting edge of what is happening with drum corps and refuse to even remotely give some small amount of credit to those that came before you KISS MY ### and try hard to realize that it's mostly "OLD GUYS" who came before you that are making corp shows the way they are now. How does that sound?

Because one day YOU will be looking back and saying: "Well, back when I marched we NEVER would have done this or that" and "Drum corps was so much better when I was marching" ... and some young kid who isn't even born yet will be telling YOU to stop clinging to the past. :thumbup:

Cadets haven't changed the basic look of their uniform... EVER. "Clinging to the past?"

Phantom has stuck with Classical complex music since they began. "Clinging to the past?"

...and I don't give a crap what anyone who wants to come in and flame on me thinks... so go ahead and flame. :thumbup:

You go Geno!

And Wayne.....here's a possible hint (meaning I don't know if they'll ad this)

Notice towards the end of Rhapsody that the Guard guys are looking skyward admiring something?

Well, what are they admiring?