Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

sfzfan,Actually, it is not what I think its what I know. And also, gmichael1230 mr. not so subtle replier, say what you want hidding behind your key board. Don't make threats about how mean you can post things.

You know better than the corps director? You must be one amazing guy! :thumbup:

sfzfan,Actually, it is not what I think its what I know. And also, gmichael1230 mr. not so subtle replier, say what you want hidding behind your key board. Don't make threats about how mean you can post things.

Not sure what you mean by "know"; you said you're not "buying" the spats story, but then you don't offer anything in the way of facts. Chris Komnick, Madison's executive director, posted a detailed explanation for why the corps wasn't able to wear spats (or, more accurately, lacings) this year. If you know so much more than he, why aren't you sharing this info with the rest of us?

Also, G is never one to hide behind his keyboard. He says what he thinks. His point is that SFZFAN said what he was going to say, only in a more diplomatic way. :thumbup:

I was with the corps for 2 days and with them at rehearsal in Columbus, I can honestly say I didn't see them working on anything new that would be an addition for finals week. Of course, that could mean nothing. But if there were big changes going in, I would think (with no more shows until quarters) that they would have been getting as many reps on the changes as possible.

Take it for what you will...

I was with the corps for 2 days and with them at rehearsal in Columbus . . .

A BIG THANK YOU goes out to BigBadMadMan for helping the Madison Scouts with an urgent need on a moment's notice. You walked-the-walk, brother.

MYNWA

GO SCOUTS!!

A BIG THANK YOU goes out to BigBadMadMan for helping the Madison Scouts with an urgent need on a moment's notice. You walked-the-walk, brother.

MYNWA

GO SCOUTS!!

It was my sincere pleasure! Looking forward to Saturday night!

And yes, GO SCOUTS!!

Ok ...byline, fszfan and g, I said I dont buy it but it is very possible. I had the chance to by the spats..250 pr ..more accurately called leggings or gators not lacings. $22 a pair for the same exact spats that I wore when I marched in the Scouts. (byline do not pretend to know more about spats in general than I do, I assure you, you are no match) I'm sure the rest of you think know way more about them than I do and Drum corps as a whole for that matter. I will be down in Indy, come share your views with me and I buy you a beer and we can discuss these issues, or will you be sitting in the dark watching the fan network in your skives again, preparing yet another great post for all to admire you DC knowledge.

Scouts fate is in their own hands. They beat BK and BAC in GE at Allentown, but were down in the performance captions. I hope they have time to do some cleaning before quarters.

Yeah I think performance is the issue, really. GE is one of their strong suits this year.

If they keep designing shows like this but getting them a LOT cleaner, I'd bet we would see them up top again.

It doesn't make any sense that a company selling spats would ship 150 pair of spats to the Madison Scouts & some of those spats were yellowed instead of bright white. If that did happen, Madison would contact the company & return the spats that weren't bright white & have them replaced.

As far as the comments about "dirty feet" go, when did drum corps become full of a bunch of wussies? Ok...don't answer that...but seriously, I don't like anyone playing scared. Why isn't it possible for a modern drum corps to march cleanly with white shoes or spats?

The Scouts should say screw it, we're the Madison Scouts & we wear spats, we will march our ### off & blow your face off!

You cant possibibly think drill of today can be compared to drill of maybe 30 or 40 years ago. EVERY designer hides weakness in their writing and builds up strenths. IMO putting spats on( although estecially looks cool ) would be distarious. The Scouts may be good enough to pull it off , maybe they are But by saying screw it ,they may screw themselves right out of finals..... MADISON DONT DO IT, GO after whats infront of you ( BE SMART ) as you have been.

Good Luck