Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

Short Sleeves...BRILLIANT! I'm surprised other corps have not thought of this...

That part of the uniform design doesn't detract for me. I'm somewhat indifferent about the short sleeves. Downside is that it's one more place for the mosquitos to munch on...which is one aspect of marching that I don't miss at all. Upside is that it looks like a very lightweight uniform and short sleeves to long sleeves is an easy enough uniform change if they choose in the future.

I remember when Blue Stars had a Cesario designed uniform with short sleeves a few years back. I thought it looked pretty sweet actually....so, we'll see.

I'm incredibly impressed with this! This uniform could be as epic as the '88-'02 uniform was. An instant classic, IMO. Wow!

Wow...did you just wet yourself? Classic and short sleeve shouldn't be used in the same sentence regarding the men of Madison. That's what we wore in the Jr. Corps.....when we were little kids! If they were trying to achieve the 20's-30's look (as I'm told they were), which was classic and debonair! Then sharp, clean crisp lines with long sleeves would have been the fare. Not unsophisticated and pedestrian....Not the Men of Madison! Classic and short sleeve cancel each other out....they're on opposite ends of the Madison class spectrum!

Be careful with your hype!

I love the new uniforms. Can wait to see them Saturday at DOP. Wonder what they look like with long sleeves?

I remember when Blue Stars had a Cesario designed uniform with short sleeves a few years back. I thought it looked pretty sweet actually....so, we'll see.

Blue Stars had short sleeves and gauntlets in the early 70s - this look actually reminded me of their old unis on that front.

I'd been hoping for something a LITTLE fancier, but appreciate the homage to Madison's past. And though it probably doesn't need to be said, the guard unis are BIG improvements over last year. :smile:

Edited by mobrien

Wow...did you just wet yourself? Classic and short sleeve shouldn't be used in the same sentence regarding the men of Madison. That's what we wore in the Jr. Corps.....when we were little kids! If they were trying to achieve the 20's-30's look (as I'm told they were), which was classic and debonair! Then sharp, clean crisp lines with long sleeves would have been the fare. Not unsophisticated and pedestrian....Not the Men of Madison! Classic and short sleeve cancel each other out....they're on opposite ends of the Madison class spectrum!

Be careful with your hype!

I think that's a bit harsh. Ok, maybe a lot harsh. Based on the totality of the uniform, I'm happy...very very happy! First of all, it's a military-style uniform...and last time I saw, pretty much every summer military dress uniform that does not include a jacket has short sleeves. There's no hard and fast rule on long sleeves and it just doesn't bother me at all. I hardly noticed it.

And secondly, as has been stated, if it doesn't work, they have sleeves to attach. All is well. :smile:

Edited by BigBadMadMan

From James Mason...

"FYI - I designed it so it can switch to long sleeves also!!! Today it is very hot and high humidity so I have our men in the short sleeves. As the boy scout motto states "be prepared"!"

So no need to get upset about the short sleeves. carry on. :smile:

From James Mason...

"FYI - I designed it so it can switch to long sleeves also!!! Today it is very hot and high humidity so I have our men in the short sleeves. As the boy scout motto states "be prepared"!"

So no need to get upset about the short sleeves. carry on. :smile:

Best new uniform in years. Sorry Fan Of CO&(*#!

yuck.jpg

This is a combination of the 73-77 uni and 81-83 version. Black sashes and hatbands worn by the horn line until 1978, then they went to red (which the drums and guard were already in) and then ties and citation cords added in 81.

Like the uniform, but I swear that the color guard uniform looks like a j crew ad LOL

35753_399769480915_307943455915_4859629_1349585_n.jpg

Anyone else thinking "Newsies"?

Blue Stars had short sleeves and gauntlets in the early 70s - this look actually reminded me of their old unis on that front.

I'd been hoping for something a LITTLE fancier, but appreciate the homage to Madison's past. And though it probably doesn't need to be said, the guard unis are BIG improvements over last year. :smile:

I meant the one in the last decade right before the white/blue travesties. :laughing: