Unofficial TCGC Rankings

ThatsNotMyName

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TCGC rankings aren't really a good idea. The circuit is huge and not all competitors can be included to reflect all units at one time.

Same problem with WGI rankings.

A lot of Austin based units do not compete with Houston units etc. etc. until circuit championships.

ps, btw, you are missing a unit in world class that has competed and worked hard.

Edited by Musical_Spinner

ps, btw, you are missing a unit in world class that has competed and worked hard.

Only 2 units in IWorld class, and 1 in SWorld. Not going to do rankings for them. But that doesn't mean I don't think they've worked hard!

Also, this is just for fun. Just like the WGI Rankings. If you're not interested, then you simply don't have to visit the site.

Suggestions:

Add Austin and Houston WGI regionals, since they count toward seeding scores for TCGC Championships.

add the World Guards. It's only fair! :-)

Also-- not sure about how your scale works. Just a question about this.

ATX scored a 62.1 at Week 2 contest, yet shows an estimated score of 74.1 at TCGC Championships; Oak Ridge HS scored 62 in week 3, but is showing estimated score of 74 at TCGC Championships. Just seems off to me?

Are you adjusting for week-of-score differences?

Like the site though! Great job on the design :-)

Edited by ATXguard

Only 2 units in IWorld class, and 1 in SWorld. Not going to do rankings for them. But that doesn't mean I don't think they've worked hard!

Also, this is just for fun. Just like the WGI Rankings. If you're not interested, then you simply don't have to visit the site.

You aren't even going to post the scores? Seems sort of 'incomplete'.......

Oh, and trust me, I won't be visiting the site except to find errors or to see if you are keeping up, but passing off information as absolute

when the information is more relative seems like a waste of time and also misleading to someone

who might view the rankings as being in direct head to head competition.

Maybe a disclaimer would be nice. The formula you use would also be interesting to see.....

Suggestions:

Add Austin and Houston WGI regionals, since they count toward seeding scores for TCGC Championships.

add the World Guards. It's only fair! :-)

Also-- not sure about how your scale works. Just a question about this.

ATX scored a 62.1 at Week 2 contest, yet shows an estimated score of 74.1 at TCGC Championships; Oak Ridge HS scored 62 in week 3, but is showing estimated score of 74 at TCGC Championships. Just seems off to me?

Are you adjusting for week-of-score differences?

Like the site though! Great job on the design :-)

Thanks for the suggestions, Michael!

I will be adding the Austin and Houston Regionals for all units that compete in their classification and not across sheets. (That gets messy!)

There's only 2 Ind. World and 1 Sch. World. I'm not going to do rankings for them.

The formula that I'm using is similiar to the one that www.guardbuzz.com uses for the WGI rankings. It's on the home page.

Thanks for visiting!! Keep the feedback coming.