When will Drum Corps go barefoot?

Do we untie the shoelaces?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What is your stance

• Bare Foot
    • Bare Necessities

Listen folks, I know I come around once in a blue moon. BUT THE TIDES HAVE TURNED #####ES!

Serious argument here. :tongue::blink::worthy: :worthy: :wall:

In this day of age when we are reaching our maximum potentials, why have we not discussed the option of our students going barefoot? I can see the educational benefits outlined in my proposal before

.. you know what. Before dipping into that, let me educate you with the definition of foot:

The foot is an anatomical structure found in many vertebrates. It is the terminal portion of a limb which bears weight and allows locomotion. In many animals with feet, the foot is a separate organ at the terminal part of the leg made up of one or more segments or bones, generally including claws or nails.

So as we can see, we are already one step ahead of the game. Pun intended. Bunyons, never intended.

Here are the rationalizations behind my request:

1) THOSE #### GREEDY MOTHER ####ERS AT DINKLES AND BMX OR MTX WHATEVER, MTV... MONOPOLIZING OFF OF OUR SHOE MARKET. LOOK AT THIS ECONOMY. YOU CAN'T GO ANYWHERE WITHOUT RUNNING INTO A FORECLOSURE OR A CORE FLOSURE OR A FORSALE SHORTSALE SALE ZALES DIAMOND JEWERLY. STICK IT to the man. STICK it. TELL THESE COMPANIES NO! We will NOT buy and NOT succumb to your pressure MTV. NO.

B) It's natural. The feel of the foot touching the grass/turf/dirt/uncut grass in southern Louisiana is unparalleled

4) BECAUSE CORN BELONGS IN IOWA. NOT ON THE FOOT

E) New motives and visual potentials for foot exercises. Different techniques can be extradited in the sense of belonging. Yoga will blossom. Yogurt will remain.

2) Virtually eliminates all chances of diseases of the foot including BUT NOT LIMITED TO:

Ingrown toe nail

Corns and calluses

Achilles tendinitis

Bunion

Paul Bunion

Ingrown Toe

Toejam and Earl

I want you to stop and think for a second. Are you done? Good... read on. :tongue:

Think of the worlds greatest athletes...

LANCE ARMSTRONG

MICHAEL JORDAN

BRETT FAVRE

TIM TEBOW

GINO CIPRIANI

COLIN POWELL

RACHAEL RAY

Now... what do they all have in common?

They all WEAR SHOES!

Now... think of all the successful people in this world who have succeeded without footwear.

.... what about the dude from Kenya a couple of years back who won the Boston Marathon.

POINT

BLANK

PERIOD.

:blink:

I ask you this my friends, and I ask in solidarity and solitaire. Remember when you finished the game and the cards just went ####### on the screen and it was like "play again?"

Let me leave you with my favorite quote. 2nd only to something Dennis DeLucia said to my wife WHICH SHALL NOT BE REGARDED IN THIS FORUM

Albert Einstein

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.

:blink:

So on behalf of DCP/ICP/AOL/FML....Won't you please accept my request at looking into the possibility of allowing drum corps to use iPads?

I don't think the afternoon corps who have to go on when the turf is blazing hot would approve. :)

sorry... sorry... I let my emotions get the best of me.

I'm sorry.... I'm just... I'm sorry.

Suncoast Sound's colorguard went barefoot in '89. No one else took that same step... I guess because at that point Suncoast already had one foot out the door. Maybe no one else sized up the possiblities or figured they would be a shoe-in for the top 12? Although Suncoast was able to pull up their score from the 40's up to I believe a 90 to make finals that year...quite a feet ( I know the spelling is wrong, but if I am really taking the time to reply to this post does it matter?

All I can say is... Wow! Just wow!

ibc.gif

Not like you're there anyways.

I've seen you show up.

You're THE guy at the hot dog stand in your fanny pack and your BD hat and Cadets shirt and Madison shoes

You make me SICK

YOU'RE SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!

money?

That's me! ...and back in the day I was the afternoon corps. >:o

Thread closed.