Star of Indiana 1991

Oh Dave...my friend Dave.....They should have won !

G

Michael brought his industrial strength Pot Stirring Spoon Today! :tongue:

I don't remember the loss to Cavies,

I do.... :smile::tongue:

Courtesy of CorpReps

Thursday June 27, 1991

Streator IL Brass Under Glass DCM

Position Corps Score

1 Cavaliers 76.700

2 Star of Indiana 76.100

3 Blue Knights 68.100

4 Glassmen 62.400

5 Colts 52.800

NON OPEN

1 Kiwanis Kavaliers 51.700

2 Northern Aurora 47.400

3 Quad City Knights 43.800

4 Bandettes 37.900

I do.... :smile::tongue:

Courtesy of CorpReps

Thursday June 27, 1991

Streator IL Brass Under Glass DCM

Position Corps Score

1 Cavaliers 76.700

2 Star of Indiana 76.100

3 Blue Knights 68.100

4 Glassmen 62.400

5 Colts 52.800

NON OPEN

1 Kiwanis Kavaliers 51.700

2 Northern Aurora 47.400

3 Quad City Knights 43.800

4 Bandettes 37.900

Im trying to remember , wasnt in 91 when Scouts, Cavies, Star and Phantom all beat each other at least once ? I also remember that year there was a publication written by Michael Boo..the DCI Scoreline newsletter...different colors each week. I have them put away somewhere.....

G

Actually, I don't think Thom was the caption head, he was a consultant. I was at UMass Amherst during those years, and I remember he was a consultant in 90. He wrote a little in 91 and 92 before he took over the writing duties in 93. If I'm wrong, please correct me....the ole' memory's gettin' foggy these days! :tongue: I'm planning on getting together with Thom for drinks and din-din in a few weeks...I'll have to ask him.

In '92, Thom wrote the second half of the opener and all of Chester.

Also:

-Todd Ryan wrote the remainder of the drill in '92

-Jon Vanderkolff wrote the drill in '93

Edited by bullethead

I competed againt Star all year in '90.... They were LOUD with 5 snares! They beat the living pi** out of those heads that year!

Of course they were loud. They played on mylar, which is the one point of respect I will concede to that line. My point is that they added nothing musically to the show. The only thing I can remember from them was a nice bass run coming out of the drum solo. Otherwise pretty forgettable.

The drum line was small because they had a couple of cats walk out one day early season.

I always wondered what happened to them. I remember seeing them early season with six snares.

Edited by InspaDave

bwahahaha... it took me quite a while to stop laughing to be able to respond to that last post.

"politics" reallly??? Yeah that must have been it as we know how much DCI loved the Star of Indiana and Jim Mason. Wow if that is your reason you really have no clue. And last I checked the 'tic" system was done away with long before 1991 so drum corps would step outside the box and could be rewarded for doing things that were more difficult than what others were trying.

BTW... it won because it should have won!

Given that those years followed the magnificence that was George Zingali, that's not surprising.....that's a HUGE shadow for the following drill writer to have to work in. Who DID do the drill after George passed?

Jon Vanderkolff. George did the 1992 show, I believe and then Vanderkolff did 1993. Jon is very well known and is the drill writer I believe for Madison and also leads the SCV winterguard (winning in 2009).

Im trying to remember , wasnt in 91 when Scouts, Cavies, Star and Phantom all beat each other at least once ? I also remember that year there was a publication written by Michael Boo..the DCI Scoreline newsletter...different colors each week. I have them put away somewhere.....

G

I don't remember PR beating Star at any point. Scouts and Cavies, yes.