1988 Garfield Cafets

Now, i can see mentioning Mad, BD and SCV,.................. but VK, Suncoast and especially Sky Ryders? Yah, Sky Ryders were a real threat to Garfield w/a lame version of -The sound of Music- of all shows. Do a Deer :tongue:

I said an underrated show....that doesn't mean the lower placing shows were unworthy, they don't have to be a threat to the top dogs to be worthwhile. VK had what's generally considered their greatest show (and their 2nd highest placement), Suncoast -- although that program was either a love it or hate it (I loved it) -- was the precursor to shows like 93 Star, and Sky'sproduction, personally, has been my all time fave 12th place show for years.

I said an underrated show....that doesn't mean the lower placing shows were unworthy, they don't have to be a threat to the top dogs to be worthwhile. VK had what's generally considered their greatest show (and their 2nd highest placement), Suncoast -- although that program was either a love it or hate it (I loved it) -- was the precursor to shows like 93 Star, and Sky'sproduction, personally, has been my all time fave 12th place show for years.

i never said anything about anyone being unworthy! Suncoast 88 is one of my Favs for sure.

Possibly the most UNDERrated show in Cadets' DCI history...'course, when you're up against Mad, BD, SCV, VK, Suncoast, and Sky Ryders in that year, it's easy to be underrated!

I thought it was a good show...although i WISH they'd put in the "Fanfare for the Common Man" sequence where the key changes throughout the phrase...

That's the year when the guard really began to create the identity they became famous for. Great show, reminds me alot of 87 but with more "meat".

G