Its about time for this I presume

haha yeah I had a feeling its been done alot before, but I do agree they have a legit shot this year, not a oh were top 6 we have a shot, but the I got silver and we still kick ### shot at gold. Speaking of Gold how about that Apollo Ohno?

Apollo is awesome, but the South Koreans are insane... I don't know how they are so fast!

Thats what I was gonna say, I cant wait for all the crown hype to die in early July when they are behind BD, Cadets, Cavs, Phantom, and SCV again.

...and to rebound off of the biggest fall in placement after a championship in recent memory, Phantom jumps back in to the top 4 :smile:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crown has great instructors.

Crown has great admin people.

Crown has great volunteers.

Crown has really great kids.

I love their show every year (except 2004)

They have all the tools to challenge the top corps again this year.

But, the kids in the corps handle their new found success better than their fans do.

At least Crown is "allowed" to win this year, for the same reason they were NOT ALLOWED last year:

Competitive Inertia

...but will they have enough inertia this year? I think they will. With The People wanting new blood, Crown's excellence, combined with Crown playing the game properly, their best shot is now.

But I pre-season predicted a Cadets win in 2009, so what do I know? :smile:

I see alot of harping on the All Black thing. If Crown keeps it's open interval design .. it will show off their cleanliness regardless of color. This will help them more in all black. Anyone remember a little corps from Rockford in 1996 that wore all black? Anyone pay attention to their spacing to show off lower body cleanliness? If anything, this fits the design style of their drill writer better than the cream uni colors. I just hope they take advantage of some slower tempos to really show it off. I wish them the best.

Crown has great instructors.

Crown has great admin people.

Crown has great volunteers.

Crown has really great kids.

I love their show every year (except 2004)

They have all the tools to challenge the top corps again this year.

But, the kids in the corps handle their new found success better than their fans do.

Substitute Bluecoats for Crown circa 2003, and we've been down this road before. Crown is the new flavor of the month now, which is fine, as DCI could really use some new blood that looks like they could legitimately challenge for a Title, instead of the same ol', same ol'.

Edited by BRASSO

Thats what I was gonna say, I cant wait for all the crown hype to die in early July when they are behind BD, Cadets, Cavs, Phantom, and SCV again. :smile:

i have nothing against crown i just dont see this happening this year. And the hype is in every topic of this thread and will be glad when it dies off alittle.