Cadets new uniform preview from DeMoulin

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember being at an early season show in 1985 when they were still waiting for their new jackets to arrive. They marched that beast of a show wearing their maroon member jackets and painters caps (IIRC). Weird. And then when they got new uniforms in (I think) 1997, the first thing I noticed was that it seemed like they got the color shades wrong. Under the stadium lights, they looked more purple and yellow than maroon and gold. Was never a fan of the gauntlets and mirrors in the early 2000's, so it's nice that they're going more or less back to what looks like the ideal.

They look slower. But maybe that's the mannequin.

It's timeless. Just like the Muchachos.

Ah, crap. This is no fun. I can't make fun of these uniforms at all. This was the first top corps I got to see live back in 1990. The uniform has always been my favorite. I love that even Cadet members have a hard time figuring out the changes. If DCI goes NFL and pulls out "Throw Back" uniforms, the Cadets are all set.

Hopefully. :devil:

It could get even better with the sweat. :tongue:

The obvious answer is the slightly different shade of maroon in the jacket.

/Sarcasm

Edited by jedihunter80

Three Cheers for tradition! If you have to look that closely to find anything that is different on a classic look like that then it's all good.

Well for one, since the 40's and 50's anyway, fewer front pant zippers.

Other than that, I can't think of any major changes in this uniform since the late 1930's when the Corps first began.

Look at a video of them from 1983 and you will see subtle differences. Lower drops then, real leather chin straps (painted white), taller, more oval shaped shakos, the jacket leaned more brown than maroon and the frogs on the front were a little different. But, that said, this new uniform looks more like they did in the 1930's.

Edited by Imperial

Like this from 84.

Garf_drums.jpg

'Course, they were also somewhat beat up....check out the wear spot on the right hand guy...looks like too any years of a horn going to parade rest on it.

The great Diane Gately on the far left.