Cadets new uniform preview from DeMoulin

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The great Diane Gately on the far left.

That's right...I keep forgetting that we weren't the only top corps that year with a woman in the snare line. They were almost in the same spot in their lines, too....Carla Azar was one off from the left side of the line (audience POV) in ours.

That's right...I keep forgetting that we weren't the only top corps that year with a woman in the snare line. They were almost in the same spot in their lines, too....Carla Azar was one off from the left side of the line (audience POV) in ours.

I marched with Diane in St. Francis and North Star. Another fine Massachusetts product. That's where she was toughened up. Actually she was even psychologially mistreated at times, by all the typical "your'e a girl drummer" stuff. But eventually, she showed them.

Edited by Imperial

I marched with Diane in St. Francis and North Star. Another fine Massachusetts product. That's where she was toughened up. Actually she was even psychologially mistreated at times, by all the typical "your'e a girl drummer" stuff. But eventually, she showed them.

I hate hate HATE that attitude....if you're good enough to make the line, you're good enough. Carla could play the lugs off her snare.

'Course, BD was always a meritocracy...and all Diane has to do is show her championship ring. Didn't she march 83 or 85 as well?

...and all Diane has to do is show her championship ring. Didn't she march 83 or 85 as well?

Yes.

The only thing I see as a change, and for the better, is the plume. Those things they were using were horrid looking things.

The only thing I see as a change, and for the better, is the plume. Those things they were using were horrid looking things.

Whaaaat? Aw come on man....those chicken feathers were so cool, especially when moving at 212 beats per minute. :thumbup:

And to be honest, the plume hasn't really changed. In fact, it has never changed.....a lot of times we often rotated between the feather plumes and the regular plume you see in the picture. I don't know what they'll be doing this year, although I wouldn't be surprised if they used the feather plumes. It's a part of the uniform tradition.

Can't be as horrid-looking as those green things Crown was using last year, despite the theme of the show.

Edited by 2000Cadet