Tri-State Circuit

Will

Well, I'm going to give the Scholastic A guards at the Conner High School show their due - some superb shows... I'll highlight some of my favorites...

1st place, 75.2 Colerain High School (OH) - "Silence" CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN. WOW the ladies came out ready and put on an excellent show. The rifle features are especially strong and the performers are a joy to watch as they are very confident :)

2nd place, 75.1 George Rogers Clark High School (KY) - these kids can spin!!! An opening all flag toss with a 360 turn around underneath gets things going in this more lyrical program. VERY easy to watch this production. : )

3rd place, 71.0 Milford High School (OH) - featuring a HUGE gold birdcage, Milford is bringing us a show about birds this year. Continuing their line of shows designed for the fans and the judges, Milford presented a delightful production to Claire du Lune. Gorgeous blue costumes with tail "feathers", stunning flags that brought out elemnts in the floor design (a gorgeous blue paisley type pattern). Some challenging equpment work highlights the music extremely well. Quite a droppy run for the ladies, but clarity of WHAT they were trying to do was not an issue. Once more comfortable with the work, this guard should do quite nicely : ) I'll definitley be buying their WGI prelims dvd.

5th place, 70.50 Lakota West High School (OH) - "Color Guard for Dummies" - WOW! I did not expect this group to be as fun as they were. Superb performance. A very well trained group in all areas of their equipment and dance. The crash test dummy costumes were great!! Simple, yet complex choreography was well recieved.

6th place tie, 66.10 - Kings High School (OH) - well, they are clean and they have some nicely constructed moments.... but there is a thinness in some areas that seems to be hurting them. The young performers are giving it their best and really perform well. The work is challenging and highlights the music (from Aaron Coplands "Rodeo") fairly well - especially of note is the sabre work, incorporating some nice body work underneath. I continue to be one of their biggest fans and will support them no matter what. :) GO KINGS! (I'll buy their prelims dvd at WGI too).

Edited by Will