Feb 20th Regional Reviews

vanly10

Let us get some reviews going! Anyone, anyone?

Let us get some reviews going! Anyone, anyone?

One I am interested in finding out about is the Rochester Regional on Fan

Network. How in God's creation can a Guard go from 3.6pts up in prelims to down by almost a point down in finals. I can't believe a show can be that bad to change that outcome...Oh, the guard was Express from Jamestown (must be a new Guard) and the guard that came out on top was Delazure. I would feel real bad for those performers (E from J) if I were the judges...any insight by anyone that was there?

One I am interested in finding out about is the Rochester Regional on Fan

Network. How in God's creation can a Guard go from 3.6pts up in prelims to down by almost a point down in finals. I can't believe a show can be that bad to change that outcome...Oh, the guard was Express from Jamestown (must be a new Guard) and the guard that came out on top was Delazure. I would feel real bad for those performers (E from J) if I were the judges...any insight by anyone that was there?

While I didn’t see either IA guard perform at the Rochester Regional, WGI isn’t the only circuit where seemingly viewed mishaps or anomalies occur.

Take Indiana for example – Two weeks ago, in a local circuit, Center Grove had a 75 and Lawrence Central had a 72. Just ONE week later, Center Grove had a 74, and Lawrence Central had a 78 in the same circuit.

Now before the replies start rolling in – yes, there was an entire week between these competitions, not just a few hours as was the case in Rochester, but still, many would question a 6 point jump in a week. Maybe shows weren’t completed, and now they are? Had the level of achievement drastically changed for the units in IN? Who knows. I’m not trying to justify either outcome in these scenarios, nor condemn them, just making an observation that there are other circuits where things like this occur.

While I didn’t see either IA guard perform at the Rochester Regional, WGI isn’t the only circuit where seemingly viewed mishaps or anomalies occur.

Take Indiana for example – Two weeks ago, in a local circuit, Center Grove had a 75 and Lawrence Central had a 72. Just ONE week later, Center Grove had a 74, and Lawrence Central had a 78 in the same circuit.

Now before the replies start rolling in – yes, there was an entire week between these competitions, not just a few hours as was the case in Rochester, but still, many would question a 6 point jump in a week. Maybe shows weren’t completed, and now they are? Had the level of achievement drastically changed for the units in IN? Who knows. I’m not trying to justify either outcome in these scenarios, nor condemn them, just making an observation that there are other circuits where things like this occur.

One could think in both cases...not just performance issues could of altered these scores. I did see a reply in the Rumble in Rochester Forum and two different people have stated both performances by the guard that was leading by 3.6pts (Express from Jamestown) were good and in fact finals was better. I think WGI is stalling Fan Network Debut of these regionals for a reason. Hurry up already WGI we need as fans JUSTIFICATION!!!

I think WGI is stalling Fan Network Debut of these regionals for a reason.

Such as possible technology issues, or the fact that there were a lot of regionals this weekend and some are taking longer to get ready than others are?

Also, keep in mind here that Center Grove had a VERY rough performance this past weekend and the drop in score was probably warranted.

This isn't guard, but here is the prelim/finals difference for last weekend's Riverside Percussion Regional.

8 point drop in a few hours (this was a 1 day show).

Your thoughts?

PSA prelims:

1 Granada Hills Charter HS (Granada Hills, California) 91.250

2 West Ranch HS (Stevenson Ranch, California) 86.150

PSA finals

1 West Ranch HS (Stevenson Ranch, California) 85.200

2 Granada Hills Charter HS (Granada Hills, California) 83.550

This isn't guard, but here is the prelim/finals difference for last weekend's Riverside Percussion Regional.

8 point drop in a few hours (this was a 1 day show).

Your thoughts?

PSA prelims:

1 Granada Hills Charter HS (Granada Hills, California) 91.250

2 West Ranch HS (Stevenson Ranch, California) 86.150

PSA finals

1 West Ranch HS (Stevenson Ranch, California) 85.200

2 Granada Hills Charter HS (Granada Hills, California) 83.550

Same judging panel?

Same judging panel?

In any event with scoring....its just 5 peoples opinion. Anyone kid or adult that can get infront of a crowd and perform is a hero to me. Not an easy thing to do. Congrats to everyone this year thus far. Whether it be politics, grumpy instructors, mean kids, stupid judges......doesnt matter. If the guards/percussion do the best they can that is all that matters. We have all seen upsets that cant be explained, just assumptions. Just like everyday life, when your known your expected to to great things, when your unknown, you have to try just as hard to get there. Everyone has been there and someday the tables will turn. But just have fun, because someday you will not be able to do this anymore. Good Luck!