Hawthorne Caballeros February Camp VIDEO

Very impressive for late Feburary! Good young talent. Hopefully you will be able to retain a large percentage of this group and perhaps add to it as the season approaches. Best of luck!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordito has followed in the footsteps of some of the finest soloists in DCA history with humility and class as he has matured to what he is today. And he marches the full show, pulling out only for his solos. He has become the heir apparent to the throne left by Frank, Curt, Adam, Jon Malloy, et al...

Most soloists can only wish they get to the point of being a little "off" like that;

Great job young man...you are one of the greats!

Donny

The 2010 Hawthorne Caballeros have released a video of our February 20/21 camp. Please check it out at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSqq3kzbu8w

Thanks for your support!

Sounds great Cabs.......and a good quality recording.

Keep working !!!!

Very impressive for late Feburary! Good young talent. Hopefully you will be able to retain a large percentage of this group and perhaps add to it as the season approaches. Best of luck!

So far so good , we have some openings (low brass) but they are filling almost to the number we want + so that is a good thing.

Gordito has followed in the footsteps of some of the finest soloists in DCA history with humility and class as he has matured to what he is today. And he marches the full show, pulling out only for his solos. He has become the heir apparent to the throne left by Frank, Curt, Adam, Jon Malloy, et al...

Most soloists can only wish they get to the point of being a little "off" like that;

Great job young man...you are one of the greats!

Donny

Donny I will pass this along to him he does not come on dcp that much. But yes we agree his is doing a a great job and he as the others before him have done, he is molding those in the line with him.

Sounds great Cabs.......and a good quality recording.

Keep working !!!!

Thanks again. We definately will be.

This weekend is our next camp so if you are interested or know of anyone come on out we would love to have you join the corps :smile:

For more information on marching or membership, please contact Mike Ryan at m.ryan@cabs.org.

Edited by Bond624

As a multi-year soloist in The Cadets and The Caballeros, I can attest to Gordito's power and consistency. He doesn't lay out, and he doesn't buckle under pressure. We like to break his balls about his pitch and whatnot, but the bottom line is that when you absolutely, positively need someone to crush the daylights out of a double G, he's your guy.

I didnt mean to exclude you either, Drew. But yes I agree, I stood in front of Gordito at the end of a ver long day of playing, and was very impressed.

Donny

I didnt mean to exclude you either, Drew. But yes I agree, I stood in front of Gordito at the end of a ver long day of playing, and was very impressed.

Donny

Got to agree with the both of you...

• 1 month later...
Bump

:worthy:

Don't you mean....... wait for it.............. RUMP :thumbup::lol::worthy: