Most championship rings by a member

Don't forget ScoJo. He was involved in all of BD's titles, too. Three times as a member.

He also has more percussion titles than the Blue Devils since he picked one up with SCV in 1991.

I thought ScoJo had missed a couple of those when he was NOT with BD.

Kinda gives credence to the value of a consistent staff...when you have Gibbs, Downey, and Johnson, who between them have close to 100 YEARS of experience with BD...no WONDER they're the guys to beat every year!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't she the one who had to rewind her hand strap during "America"?

Yes!

• 2 weeks later...
I thought ScoJo had missed a couple of those when he was NOT with BD.

To the best of my knowledge, the only time Scott was not with BD was his time at SCV (1990-93) and, if memory serves correct, 1988 when he went on the road with a country band (no joke). BD won no titles during those years.

• 3 weeks later...
There was a cymbal player from Garfield who marched from 1981 until 1986. She then took some time off and came back for her age out year of 1990. So she has four rings. If she had marched in 87 she would have had five.

Dawn Sterling

Chris Noble also has 4

I can think of a couple of staff guys who have won DCI rings with 3 different corps.

Does anyone have 4 with 4 different corps?

PS Dave Gibbs has won 4 times as a member, twice as a staff member and 7 times as corps director for a total of 13 DCI championships.

Edited by randomnoise

• 1 month later...

I have 4 as well:

'76, '77, '79, and '80.

Rings were not given out until '79. However, rings are offered for purchase for members for the '76, and '77 seasons.

I have 4 as well:

'76, '77, '79, and '80.

Rings were not given out until '79. However, rings are offered for purchase for members for the '76, and '77 seasons.

Wow! When was the last tine you posted here, Rich??? I think I had hair at the time!