Brigadiers 2010 Announcement

I was really hoping this wouldn't happen, and am still dreaming that it won't. Truly a dark day for drum corps. Someone in one of the threads mentioned the possibility of Empire benefiting from this, but that would only be bitter-sweet with the loss of Cru and now Brigs in the same season. Good luck Brigs, see you next year!

No, no, no, no corps of is going to benefit from this. I was really hoping Brigs weren't going to go down. Sometimes it just has to happen I guess.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of this weekend, the Brigadiers Music Association (BMA) along the administration of the Brigadiers Drum & Bugle corps has determined that the group will not be fielding a competitive DCA corps for the 2010 season. While the Brigadiers maintain a dedicated nucleus of talented performers, this difficult decision was made due to unsuccessful attempts to recruit additional members to make 2010 a productive season.

The Brigadier organization will continue to function, and the corps will be performing in several parades and exhibitions this summer. There is also serious consideration being made for a mini-corps to perform at this year’s DCA Championships. BMA will also focus on expanding our presence and support of the performing arts in the Central NY area. We will be continuing our sponsorship of the Onondaga Community College Winter Percussion program, with plans to expand on this in the future. Other community based and educational outreach programs are also being explored to promote the corps and our activity.

Over the past decade, the Brigadiers have “raised the bar” in DCA. We believe that DCA is a better organization based upon the standards that were set. We look forward to building upon our membership base and returning to the competitive field to raise them once again.

The Brigadiers Music Association will still be sponsoring two DCA shows this coming season on July 24th in Jamestown, NY and on August 14, in Cicero, NY. Additional show and ticket information will be posted on the corps website in the coming weeks.

Our thanks go out to everyone for their dedication and continued support of the Brigadier organization.

Yours in Corps,

Richard Martin

Sorry to hear that the Brigs will not be competing this season, looking forward their return in the 2011 season. Best of luck to the entire organization... :grouphug:

This news saddens me, but I heard it may be unavoidable this season.

I have the absolute greatest memories of my years with the Brigadier family. I cannot believe I won't be visiting them on a field this summer. Some of my greatest friends, professional achievements and flat out best times in my life were with the Brigs. I still recall the very first time in 97 that we won best guard at a show...we were tackled in glee by the director! lol

I know they will survive and perhaps this is the best way to ensure a healthy and certain return to the field.

As Trish said...I'll always "Be the B"

Scarey that two corps in the same state are off for this season. Hope both on on the field for 2011.

Don't know the details (not asking cuz I don't want to know) but hope this is a blip on the All Age scene and not an indication of a coming downward trend. (Been around long enough to see swings good and bad.)

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

On behalf of the Entire White Sabers Organization, We wish the Brigadiers a Speedy return to the field of competition! This is such sad news.................

Leslie Amico

Edited by WSBusmgr

I'm so sorry to hear this news. Get strong and come back in 2011.

On behalf of The Sun Devils Drum and Bugle Corps, we wish Brigs a speedy return to the field. One of our drum majors, Amanda Bork, is a Brigs alum and has taken the news quite hard. I am sure she has already contacted you.

If you need anything, please do not hesitate to contact anyone in the SD organization.

See you soon.