DCI Championships Ticket Purchasing Tips

I may have waited too long, but I'm looking to buy tickets for Finals. Seems like the push doesn't hit me until the weather starts to warm up a little. Last year I sat in the 400s, which was nice, but seemed cut off from the rest of the crowd. For those who sat higher - 500s or 600s - how was your ability to hear the sound of the corps? For those who sat lower - say 200s - how was your ability to see the drill? I'd like a good mix of both, but at live shows I most prefer to be able to see the drill clearly.

I might go the scalper route this year... i had friends get tickets from a scalper, better seats than i could get anywhere else.

DCI ultimately sells them all. The question is whether your purchase puts more money in the pot.

Two seats are open. One is on the right 20. The other on the left 20. The one on the right is open because DCI hasn't sold it yet. The one on the left is open because Joe Schmoe decided to spend the evening in the lot, then go directly to the bar. If you buy the seat on the right, DCI gets X more dollars. If you buy the one on the left, DCI gets zero more dollars.

Set whatever value parameters are appropriate for you, then buy the ticket that does the most good for you and for drum corps.

HH

This bears repeating.

For all of you who ever buy tickets from a scalper (or "individually run ticket exchange service"), the money you are spending does NOT go to support drum corps.

It is an individual choice but - for me, I want my money to go to support the activity I am so passionate about.

(If for some reason, you don't want to buy tickets from Ticketmaster or directly from DCI for whatever your reasons may be, then buy those Championship tickets direct from a corps. Many of the top groups have tickets for sale and they get to keep a percentage of everything they sell. It is a fundraiser for them.)

For all of you who ever buy tickets from a scalper (or "individually run ticket exchange service"), the money you are spending does NOT go to support drum corps.

How's that? The tickets bought from individuals have already been bought from TM or DCI or a corps. So they get their money no matter what.

The "scalper" scene is basically just people selling tickets that they bought but then can't use. I've never paid more than face value for a ticket and I've gotten most from individuals.

How's that? The tickets bought from individuals have already been bought from TM or DCI or a corps. So they get their money no matter what.

The "scalper" scene is basically just people selling tickets that they bought but then can't use. I've never paid more than face value for a ticket and I've gotten most from individuals.

No they don't get their money no matter what. The corps get zero additional dollars when you buy from an "individual." Ticket revenues increase when you buy the ticket from DCI or the corps.

HH

ok...so I have an extra that can't be used, so I sell it. is that considered ####### the corps or DCI? I paid DCI as soon as they went on sale. All I'm doing is asking face value for it, I'm not looking to gouge, and in one case last year, I sold it at a loss.

I'm just paying myself back

I am also looking to buy some tickets. Dont want to spend an arm and a leg though, so anyone have any thoughts about the Terrace level? Looking to get something in section 640 or so. How bad is the sound up there?