Empire in CA?

The classy thing would have been for Statesmen to go anyway. The economy never seemed to slow down Empire's ability to travel before.

And maybe saying "hey look what we can do" and flying across the country this summer, given the difficulties experienced by Brigs and Cru, wasn't exactly the classiest thing to do either.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many players in NY got lured from Brigs and Cru. The economy was just as bad when you announced it. As far as the deal where Empire and Renegades pay for each others travel expenses, Whats the difference? Each is still paying for a trip cross country. The classy thing would have been for Statesmen to go anyway. The economy never seemed to slow down Empire's ability to travel before. If you say you're going, then go.....

Maybe I'm not really comprehending correctly what was said earlier BUT my understanding is that Renegades were going to cover Empire's expenses while in CA for housing, CA transportation and 1 meal a day. Wasn't it something like $110/hour x 4 days? So somewhere in the neighborhood of $10,500...Plus buses and food.....I don't know Empire's financial situation but if you're saying you expect them to bite $25,000ish off and there is no reciprocal, isn't that more than a bit presumptuous? :laughing:

It also sounds like you are still attempting to lay this solely on Empire's back thought its been stated here by both corps that it was a decision that they both came to together.

The classy thing would have been for Statesmen to go anyway. The economy never seemed to slow down Empire's ability to travel before. If you say you're going, then go.....

Yeah, who gives a #### about making sure the corps is able to be on the field next season. It's all about today....

Then we can all B-word about why there are less corps then there used to be.

Maybe I'm not really comprehending correctly what was said earlier BUT my understanding is that Renegades were going to cover Empire's expenses while in CA for housing, CA transportation and 1 meal a day. Wasn't it something like $110/hour x 4 days? So somewhere in the neighborhood of $10,500...Plus buses and food.....I don't know Empire's financial situation but if you're saying you expect them to bite $25,000ish off and there is no reciprocal, isn't that more than a bit presumptuous? :laughing:

It also sounds like you are still attempting to lay this solely on Empire's back thought its been stated here by both corps that it was a decision that they both came to together.

That was a worst case scenario I think Tatars said. Just remember this the next time Empire goes on a cruise or to Europe or Asia, then tell me again about how poor Empire can't afford it.

That was a worst case scenario I think Tatars said. Just remember this the next time Empire goes on a cruise or to Europe or Asia, then tell me again about how poor Empire can't afford it.

We sure do get all kinds here, eh? Bad Empire, BAD! How dare you do the responsible thing,especially when you've been lucky enough to have been able to spend money on cool stuff in the past? You gotta lotta noive up there in Rochester :laughing: !

WOW ~ Bitter party of 1 ~ seems you have a table waiting for you somewhere......IMO seems like you are just trying to stir the pot while the Renegades are distancing themselves from that very tactic. So heh if you want to personally put all the blame on one corps, go right ahead. I don't see Empire announcing any other trips currently. I'm even at a loss to remember when exactly their last trip was. Could you be so bold as to fill us in on that timeline?

Renegades and all you non-NE corps travel to Rochester every year. How does that happen? Magic? I'm hearing something about a trip to Asia for them. Renegades have to be politically correct, I don't. They already pay for a trip to Rochester. You're pretty glib, Liz, for someone who doesn't know.

Edited by Borg Bari

I wonder how many players in NY got lured from Brigs and Cru. The economy was just as bad when you announced it. As far as the deal where Empire and Renegades pay for each others travel expenses, Whats the difference? Each is still paying for a trip cross country. The classy thing would have been for Statesmen to go anyway. The economy never seemed to slow down Empire's ability to travel before. If you say you're going, then go.....

Sometimes you just have to do what makes sense, not what people may think is "right"

Renegades and all you non-NE corps travel to Rochester every year. How does that happen? Magic? I'm hearing something about a trip to Asia for them. Renegades have to be politically correct, I don't. They already pay for a trip to Rochester. You're pretty glib, Liz, for someone who doesn't know.

Milk-a-what?

Milk-a-what?

:worthy::laughing::tongue::worthy: