SineWave Brass to Participate in 2010 DCA Mini-Corps Championships

Chicago-land’s SineWave Brass will venture into DCA mini-corps competition in its inaugural season. Led by music arranger, Chuck Naffier, SineWave’s ranks claim Midwest Jr. corps alums from The Cavaliers, Madison Scouts, Des Plaines Vanguard, Royal Airs, Blue Stars, Colts and Norwood Park Imperials, who will be performing selections from the Broadway musical, Jersey Boys.

For more information about SineWave, or if you are the third tuba player we’re looking for, email Don.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chicago-land’s SineWave Brass will venture into DCA mini-corps competition in its inaugural season. Led by music arranger, Chuck Naffier, SineWave’s ranks claim Midwest Jr. corps alums from The Cavaliers, Madison Scouts, Des Plaines Vanguard, Royal Airs, Blue Stars, Colts and Norwood Park Imperials, who will be performing selections from the Broadway musical, Jersey Boys.

For more information about SineWave, or if you are the third tuba player we’re looking for, email Don.

I gotta know a few of these guys. Send me some names please.

John Hoekstra

Executive Director

Florida Sun Devils

Edited by Sun Devils Corps

SineWave’s ranks claim Midwest Jr. corps alums from The Cavaliers, Madison Scouts, Des Plaines Vanguard, Royal Airs, Blue Stars, Colts and Norwood Park Imperials.

Hey! You forgot Blue Rock (OK - only for one year...)

We are having a great time getting together again and performing. We have 7 trumpets, 3 mellos, 6 baris, 2 tubas, and 2 drummers. We are still looking for an additional tuba. We have been practicing about every six weeks and will be kicking it up in May. The show consists of Sherry, Walk Like a Man, a medley of My Eyes Adored You/Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You, and finishes with Who Loves You Pretty Baby. Chuck has done a great job arranging the charts!

We are gearing up for our first year and are really looking forward to performing in Rochester!

Edited by rgortowski

I know a few of these guys, and they have already told me that they are bringing it!

The two guys I know for sure are parents of Pioneer students....ex Cavaliers!!!

Donny

If Chuck Naffier is involved, It should be GREAT! :laughing:

:tongue::worthy: :worthy:

This is a great group of guys we've got -- all dedicated to playing well, entertaining an audience, and playing with passion!

It's an honor to stand in front of such a diverse group, hear the stories, and help unify the various styles/sounds.

Just a reminder: Sine Wave is looking for one more TUBA (I call them contras at rehearsal, and they seem to like that!)

:smile:

Best,

Chuck Naffier

Sine Wave Arranger/Music Coordinator

This is a great group of guys we've got -- all dedicated to playing well, entertaining an audience, and playing with passion!

It's an honor to stand in front of such a diverse group, hear the stories, and help unify the various styles/sounds.

Just a reminder: Sine Wave is looking for one more TUBA (I call them contras at rehearsal, and they seem to like that!)

:smile:

Best,

Chuck Naffier

Sine Wave Arranger/Music Coordinator

Wow ... Chuck Naffier himself ... haven't seen you online in quite some time ... and in person even longer ... probably DCI East in 98 when you were with the Colts ...

Hope all is well ...

Andy "yeah, that guy from Sky" Lisko