SineWave Brass to Participate in 2010 DCA Mini-Corps Championships

I just want to make this clear. We have had nothing but pleasant, professional communication with the DCA about joining the circuit. They have been extremely helpful and have guided us through the process. There needs to be rules concerning who can compete. We approached them on what needed to be done and they quickly answered. They are obviously interested in helping us get into the show. Many thanks to Tom and Dick (but not Harry) for the help!

Rich

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not speaking officially here, and I hope someone in an official capacity can confirm or correct this.... but I think the criteria is all-age or alumni corps, not necessarily a DCA corps.

Not every all-age corps is a DCA corps, and no alumni corps are DCA corps, per se.

Fran

When you speak unofficially, do sounds still come out? I've always wondered...

Check if part of the "performance agreement" to see if you have to have performance rights to the music being played ... not sure if that rule applies to the mini's but, if so, will cost you some $$$ ...

:-)

Andy,

I recall that Mr. Naffier is a member of ASCAP. He wouldn't try to fly "under the radar" - nor should anyone.

When you speak unofficially, do sounds still come out? I've always wondered...

Only if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there. :tongue:

Fran

Rule 1:

All contestants must be a member of a past or present All Age Competitive Corps or active member of an Alumni Corps.

"Sine" can certainly enter. They are a NEW ALUMNI Corps thus the word present.

DCA tries to take all interested into I&E. Applications shall be out probably by May.

Looks like I'll have to hand out Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni Corps applications at the next SineWave practice & get 'em all signed up?????

"SineWave, party of 21, your table is ready."

We went to DCA Nats last year for the first time. We went as a mini-corps and had a GREAT time. I'm sure y'all will enjoy your "maiden voyage.

Robert

Looks like I'll have to hand out Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni Corps applications at the next SineWave practice & get 'em all signed up?????

Hey Rich,

It's too bad I'll be busy that night, otherwise I'd ask for the music. I'd like to play that show as the 3rd bass.

That's my wife's favorite show. I can't wait to see and hear it. Best of luck. Take care.

Hey Rich,

It's too bad I'll be busy that night, otherwise I'd ask for the music. I'd like to play that show as the 3rd bass.

That's my wife's favorite show. I can't wait to see and hear it. Best of luck. Take care.

ContraLou,

Thanks for the "props" dude! I know we have met previoulsy through our mutual friend, Dave Scott. Good to hear from you.

Kos (aka Donk)

• 1 month later...
Chicago-land’s SineWave Brass will venture into DCA mini-corps competition in its inaugural season. Led by music arranger, Chuck Naffier, SineWave’s ranks claim Midwest Jr. corps alums from The Cavaliers, Madison Scouts, Des Plaines Vanguard, Royal Airs, Blue Stars, Colts and Norwood Park Imperials, who will be performing selections from the Broadway musical, Jersey Boys.

For more information about SineWave, or if you are the third tuba player we’re looking for, email Don.

We rearranged our line-up and we would like to add one more baritone player. The charts are fun, the members are serious and we promise to be entertaining. If you live near Chicago and/or can make about 1/2 dozen rehearsals email Don.