Cavies 2010

I haven't been an avid DCI fan for very long. In fact, my interest in the activity started in 2002 when I won a ticket to the Finals in a raffle. I thought it was fun to see all these awesome corps performing at their very best. But I wasn't truly amazed until the Cavaliers took the field and performed their show "Frameworks." I couldn't believe my eyes or ears. It was the most amazing thing I've ever been in the presence of. Since then, I have been a huge Cavaliers fan and an avid follower of DCI.

That being said, I was horribly disappointed with their 2009 show, "The Great Divide." Seriously, what was all that about? I thought 4th place was generous.

Needless to say, I'm a little skeptical as to whether or not the Green Machine can pull it off here in 2010. Does anyone by chance know what they have panned for this year?

I love the Cavies, but I'm a little worried that their streak of glamorous victories is coming to an end. Could anyone possibly reassure me?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Cavies, but I'm a little worried that their streak of glamorous victories is coming to an end. Could anyone possibly reassure me?

If it makes you feel any better the streak ended in 2007.

If it makes you feel any better the streak ended in 2007.

Well, it hasn't been a very continuous streak anyways. I probably should have said their streak of great performances. Every show they've done in recent years has been awesome, except for "The Great Divide."

Well, it hasn't been a very continuous streak anyways. I probably should have said their streak of great performances. Every show they've done in recent years has been awesome, except for "The Great Divide."

I liked The Great Divide as much as several of their other shows from the 2000s.

I'm hoping the Cavies come out this year with a show that is less sterile than most of the 2000s shows. They have deserved every one of their championships, and I can always appreciate what they do on the field, but have had a hard time connecting emotionally to most of their shows since 2000.

I hope that changes this year. And no matter what, I look forward to seeing their show.

I don't know about anybody else, but I loved 2008 Samurai.

I don't know about anybody else, but I loved 2008 Samurai.

I really enjoyed some moments, but then there was some Four Corner/Frameworks/Spin Cycle/Machine recycling.

Edited by Slow Adam

I liked The Great Divide as much as several of their other shows from the 2000s.

I'm hoping the Cavies come out this year with a show that is less sterile than most of the 2000s shows. They have deserved every one of their championships, and I can always appreciate what they do on the field, but have had a hard time connecting emotionally to most of their shows since 2000.

I hope that changes this year. And no matter what, I look forward to seeing their show.

I have seen them at a couple of camps this year. I don't thing they are going to have a tough time connecting this summer.

I really enjoyed some moments, but then there was some Four Corner/Frameworks/Spin Cycle/Machine recycling.

I really enjoyed 2008 Samurai as well.....it was definitely a step in the right direction to generate more excitement.....moving away from the sterile approach. I think BD and Cavies are similar in this regard......BD have been presenting fairly flat (Sterile) shows...in recent past....IMO. People will probably jump all over this because of 2007 but......I would like to what kind of reaction they would have received if Finals were in Buffalo in 2007.

Going back to Cavies for a moment....the show that sounds like a bunch of recycled material from previous shows to me is Machine.

Anyway......here's hoping Cavies and BD put out a couple of barn burners in 2010......

isnt that in every show since they happened?

I've listened to the "source music" for their show this year and it sounds pretty great to me. I think the unannounced portion of their show will surprise a few and underwhelm others as usual.

It just depends on how the music and show is arranged.

I'm pretty hopeful that things will be great for them this year despite what some think on here. We'll see.