Best location (stadium) to watch Drum Corps

This is an excellent point that I had never thought of. The crowd in '08 was HYPER for the last half of the night, and I never connected that it was because we were all sitting together. Now that you've pointed it out I'm absolutely convinced you're right.

Going to LOS last year, that was the biggest difference I noticed. I sat in the 400s, one of the tiny little decks in the middle. We were disconnected from the rest of the crowd, and only had about 10 or 15 rows of fans, which led to an incredibly sterile experience. It was like sitting in a home theater, which can be nice, but at a live event I didn't want to feel so detached.

Anyone else sense the especially electric crowd, even before 12th place was announced?

Sure did. Remember everyone throwing those blue discs, and the wave that starting bouncing off both sides of the stadium? I don't think that would have happened if seating hadn't consisted of one giant block of people. Experiences are always better when shared, and in Bloomington you could truly feel like you were sharing that championship event with 20,000 people who were just as excited as you.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the handful of stadiums I've experienced, Memorial Stadium in Bloomington was by far the best. No multiple decks, so the crowd was all together, feeding off each other. The stands were positioned perfectly from the field, so that you felt connected to the performance no matter where you sat.

The Rose Bowl was nice in that regard. The stands were a little too shallow, the turf was in terrible shape, and the lights buzzed, but being in one big sea of people was a great experience.

Its definitely a bit subjective. For the big, finals-size stadiums, I LOVED memorial stadium in Bloomington. I dont think there was a bad seat in the house.

On the other hand, sometimes those smaller stadiums are nicer for that more intimate, blow your face off experience. Not as good for seeing all the drill but definitely a fun experience as well.

which led to an incredibly sterile experience.

that's a really good way of describing it. sterile.

On the other hand, sometimes those smaller stadiums are nicer for that more intimate, blow your face off experience. Not as good for seeing all the drill but definitely a fun experience as well.

This is a really good point. I think my favorite small venue is the stadium in Michigan City, IN.

For a non-finals show...

The Berry Athletic Center, Cypress TX (Houston)

Football%20Berry%20Center.jpg301703436_365855e543_o.jpg

Edited by skajerk

For a non-finals show...

The Berry Athletic Center, Cypress TX (Houston)

Football%20Berry%20Center.jpg301703436_365855e543_o.jpg

Ha I was just about to post pictures as well yes berry center is a very good stadium.