WGI Predictions?

thedova

-Independent World-

1) Santa Clara Vanguard

2) NEi

3) Pride of Cincinnati

4) Onyx

Don't care for many of the shows in IW this season. Vanguard's design concept doesn't sit well with me. Pride is bringing something very new and refreshing. Onyx is full of fun tricks, but it's getting really monotonous to watch. Love NEi's show, but not the costumes.

The last time I really liked what Independent World had to offer was in 2008.

Scholastic World

1) James Logan

2) Carmel

3) Avon

4) Flanagan

I just love James Logan's show this year. I think it is miles above the rest of Scholastic World. You can see some videos from CCGC Championships and the changes they've made- it is a PHENOMENAL production!

I wish NEI would medal b/c they are consistent have great design and they can spin clean and very well. Logan is doing a great show!!! SCV isnt very original concept wise, I think Beyer did it in 2000??? The one with the race track looking thing!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantasia this Sat if anyone is interested

-Independent World-

1) Santa Clara Vanguard

2) NEi

3) Pride of Cincinnati

4) Onyx

Don't care for many of the shows in IW this season. Vanguard's design concept doesn't sit well with me. Pride is bringing something very new and refreshing. Onyx is full of fun tricks, but it's getting really monotonous to watch. Love NEi's show, but not the costumes.

The last time I really liked what Independent World had to offer was in 2008.

Scholastic World

1) James Logan

2) Carmel

3) Avon

4) Flanagan

I just love James Logan's show this year. I think it is miles above the rest of Scholastic World. You can see some videos from CCGC Championships and the changes they've made- it is a PHENOMENAL production!

Just caught Logans CCGC Championship performance on youtube and I LOVE the new ending with all the flips and how in the world did that guy do a walking handstand into the hat on the ground? It makes for a much more dramatic ending.

I personally really enjoy Fantasia this year. It's a very outlandish, unique show. They don't get much credit because execution and design are clearly not up to par as previous years. Really, it's a decent show, and even though I don't think they deserve to medal, I'm surprised at how they have been scoring. In all honesty, I'd watch Fantasia's show over Onyx's and Pride's.

New kids, new staff (sort of), I'm surprised that they even managed to pull out a product that good. Maybe it will be like 2005, and we can expect to see Fantasia back on top next year?

Just caught Logans CCGC Championship performance on youtube and I LOVE the new ending with all the flips and how in the world did that guy do a walking handstand into the hat on the ground? It makes for a much more dramatic ending.

I love the new ending, too! The subtlety and nuance is just amazing. The audience gets so captured by the acrobatics that we don't even notice the lone black hat getting placed.

But what I REALLY love about the ending is the flag ripple during the moment you mentioned above. The eye flag makes one more appearance from behind the poles....it's a really chilling, creepy moment that definitely adds to the "undercover detective" theme.

I really hope Logan takes gold this year.

I must admit - James Logans show is FANTASTIC. Very clean, energetic, technical - I just love it all around, and think they will place first. I have to be a bit biased tho and hope that Miamisburg does well - but I dont think they will be top 4 at all (let me apologize to my daughter now!!!! :thumbdown: ) and I only say that because I just haven't understood the scoring this year; groups I thought did exceptionally well scored very low whereas groups that about put me to sleep had scores through the roof. I do hope however they are at least in the top 10. Theres just so many good groups in SW this year - really it's a bloodbath! I can't remember when I have enjoyed watching so many shows all in one class. Can't wait for Thursday and Friday, but especially Saturday!! :thumbdown:

Miamisburg's show is fantastic this year. They have grown so much. Your daughter should be proud no matter what place they get! They are consistently one of the most impressive guards in the country.(for about three decades) I would definitely say you're right about the highest placing guards being snoozers. It's almost like the judges reward the groups with shows that the rest of us don't get to make themselves look brainy. They have been rewarding a "sleeping giant" all year and I personally would pick their performance time to go to the concession stand.

pride has too many sound/show edits. Great performers, ok design. the waving and over done smiles get old.

Sac - good show. great weapons. Ok flags. Typical, good music

Nei. great performers and energy

id place them...

1/2 scv/onyx

3/4 nei/sac

5-7 crown/pride/braddock

and good luck to Logan, Juxta & Ars Nova!

Miamisburg's show is fantastic this year. They have grown so much. Your daughter should be proud no matter what place they get! They are consistently one of the most impressive guards in the country.(for about three decades)

She is definitely proud - she worked for this since 3rd grade, wanting to be "part of the World Guard". All of those girls amaze me - they push through sprained ankles, broken elbows, everything without you even knowing it! I love their show this year - brings me to tears everytime. I also love Centerville but have been a bit disappointed in their scores as well. They always put on a good show. James Logan is just phenomenal this year and they really deserve first. Carmel is excellent too, Warren Central..... Just too many that I enjoy!