F.S.O.A.T

I really have a tie for my favorite show. But I guess with the rules given here, I'll have to say Cavaliers 2000.

And I would agree 2000 may have been the best year ever in DCI history. Top 5 were spectacular that year, and even the shows down to 21st were awesome that year.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another vote for 1984 Garfield. It was such an exuberant, virtuosic production. Listening to it on CD, one is struck by how they almost flauntingly featured each section of the corps at breakneck speed (such as the different sized "bands" in "America"). '84 Garfield captured the essence of an activity that was starting to artistically explode with assymetry, movement demands, and general showmanship. The best solo in drum corps history (you all know which one...) puts it over the top.

Was that really 26 years ago? Yikes!

Did someone actually say "nub" in this thread? What has HAPPENED to this place?

Anyway, to contribute:

Cadets 2000.

It used to be SCV 99...but I consistently get goosebumps during the closer of Cadets 2000 (literally every time I watch it), and I can't say that about any other show.

Did someone actually say "nub" in this thread? What has HAPPENED to this place?

Anyway, to contribute:

Cadets 2000.

It used to be SCV 99...but I consistently get goosebumps during the closer of Cadets 2000 (literally every time I watch it), and I can't say that about any other show.

yeah they called me a nub of all people :tongue:

<inappropriate content removed per DCP guidelines - ee> Since the rules have been imposed, I will have to say, and I preface this with the fact that I am no fan of this corps, but the best show in its entirety is......... The Machine. There is no better more complete show out there yet. Cavaliers set the bar with that one for complete shows from top to bottom.

Edited by Eddie
removal of inappropriate content - ee

uh, for the activity, not for scv, and they took 4th nub

LOL.

He meant 2000 isn't the greatest year ever beyond 5th place. I.E. 1-5 were awesome, and the rest weren't, in his opinion.

Nub...haha. You only have to post 126263 more times to match his post count.

Another vote for 86 Blue Devils. This isn't easy to pick one show from so many good choices but BD 86 stands out as show that gets to the heart of what drum corps should be. Nothing overly fancy, just great execution and an extreme performance of kick ### drum corps music. It's all about the goosebumps.