FSOAT Poll

Favorite of the FSOAT List  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these "Top Show of All-Time" is THE TSOAT?

• 1999 Santa Clara Vanguard
    • 2008 Phantom Regiment
    • 1984 Garfield Cadets
    • 1998 Cadets
    • 2000 Cadets
    • 2000 Blue Devils
    • 1989 Santa Clara Vanguard
    • 1995 Madison Scouts
    • 1980 Spirit of Atlanta
    • 1990 Star of Indiana

The requirement for entry in this poll is being mentioned twice in the original FSOAT thread. With a requirement that obscure, you're going to have a somewhat random list. The lack of any Cavaliers show ceases to be remarkable; it's simply likely that not enough fans visited the thread. I myself didn't visit the thread until after this poll had been created. FWIW, had I done so I would have selected Cavaliers 2002, the second vote for that show, and Frameworks would have been one of the options in this poll.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The odd thing is that for once I actually like all the choices. 1995 Scouts for me please.

Velvet Knights 1992 gets my vote.

so I voted SCV '89

(and who says youngsters don't watch *somewhat* old shows. both of these were put on before I was born)

Edited by hotbeats645

Amazing that 2005 Cadets didn't make the list. :worthy:

OK - Not really. :thumbup:

All of the champion shows from 1983 thru 1987 are ahead of these in my opinion as well as 1987 SCV which I like the best. Generally, I am not a "it was better in the old days" guy. 2008 Phantom, 1989 SCV, and 2000 Cadets are all fatastic shows too. I voted 2008 Phantom.

But gimme 1987 SCV or 1986 Devils on this list too and I vote differently

EDIT: Oh Snap! I just saw that I missed 1984 Garfield on the list. Sorry! I change my vote.

Edited by jplattSCV

From this list I voted 2008 Regiment.

The requirement for entry in this poll is being mentioned twice in the original FSOAT thread. With a requirement that obscure, you're going to have a somewhat random list. The lack of any Cavaliers show ceases to be remarkable; it's simply likely that not enough fans visited the thread. I myself didn't visit the thread until after this poll had been created. FWIW, had I done so I would have selected Cavaliers 2002, the second vote for that show, and Frameworks would have been one of the options in this poll.

seconded

lots of votes for PR 2008... hasn't stood the test of time yet, IMO.

It's pretty amazing that 1984 Cadets almost won this poll considering ( my guess ) most respondents to this poll either a) never saw the 84 Cadets show and/ or b) were not yet born or had not yet attained the age of reason ( 7 ) in 1984.

fast forward......If 2008 Phantom can finish this well in a similar poll in 2034, it will likewise be quite an accomplishment over a Corps from 2032 that might nip 2008 Phantom in a 2034 similar poll as this one.

That said, congrats to Phantom/s 2008" Spartacus " show. It just demonstrates that if you go with a recognizeable theme, have a fan friendly, entertaining show, you can be both the fan's favorite AND win it all..... on occasion.

Edited by BRASSO