Dutch Boy 2010 inactive

Dutch Boy Drum Corps 2010 Season

Northstar / Dutch Boy Drum Corps has been undergoing a vast change to the organizations structure, vision and mission in past 18 months and the Board believes that to sustain longevity in this unique activity we must grow and develop our local membership base. Although we value our US and international alumni and present membership, to accomplish this effectively, it is our belief that we must focus our financial resources and manpower to this end exclusively.

At the end of the 2009 summer season the organization focused our efforts on a creating a stronger financial base and building a home for the corps future, which we have done very successfully. Our weekly programs have been running since the fall and we participated in more than a dozen parades and local events since October. With momentum building and hope that we will create a stronger future we have made the decision not to field a competitive component for this summer. The Board of Directors and staff are all Drum Corps people and a decision to not participate in DCI events this summer is a difficult one, yet made solely in the best interest of our present membership and the organization. While the Calgary trip was an exciting addition to this year plans, it too had competitive component in the parade and band show which also assisted in making our Tour affordable. We will be rescheduling that trip for another time best suiting the organization.

Both the Staff and Management are excited to continue developing a strong local program and a drum corps which will offer the membership a variety of local and regional performance opportunities over the next several months. Weekly rehearsals will continue and a full summer plan will be posted soon. Obviously, the participation fees will be greatly reduced and summer time commitments adjusted. This will provide a greater opportunity for the present and potential members to work or complete school and still have the opportunity to participate in a drum corps program.

We will have a few registered, experienced members that may be seeking positions in other competitive corps for the summer. Doug Darwin will assist them in finding a suitable home so that they can continue to live the “Experience of a Lifetime”.

Our plans this summer will also include weekend outings and a corps trip to a major DCI event so that the members can feel the excitement live and witness the activity at its best.

Thank you supporting our efforts and the Dutch Boy Drum Corps!! :tongue:

Brenda Clark

President

Dutch Boy Drum Corps

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its really sad to see a historic drum corps fold for a season and regroup, I wish them the best of luck in the future! Thank you so much for having me as your drum major before that hard choice was made last night. Well now that dutch boy is inactive, im currently looking for a corps to call home and age-out for. I have'nt touched/played a horn since last year Open Class DCI with Cap Reg finals though I have tons experience in being a drum major or assist. drum major, have years of corps & marching band experience and would like to talk to any corps that would like to talk with me and figure something/anything out! This is my final year and I want to make a positive impact on the members. Please email me at dominick_craig@yahoo.com, I have no clue on where to turn too and figure out. I will be in contact with all corps very soon(asap) along with Doug Darwin to assist me on finding a home!

I still cannot believe this. Thank you for taking me in in 2008 and allowing me to age-out as a Dutch Boy. I loved it, and Dutch Boy will always have a place in my heart. I wish Dutch all the best and if there is anything I can do, please contact me. Once Dutch, Always Dutch :tongue:

I don't see this as an announcement to fold, but to withdraw from competition in DCI. They're still in existence, which is better than liquidating.

better to plan for the future, than lose it all for one more shot.

best of luck!

Please don't fold. Come back stronger next year.

Edited by radiosteele

Dom...you were their DM? no way bro?!

miss you dude. had fun with ya at Cap

I still cannot believe this. Thank you for taking me in in 2008 and allowing me to age-out as a Dutch Boy. I loved it, and Dutch Boy will always have a place in my heart. I wish Dutch all the best and if there is anything I can do, please contact me. Once Dutch, Always Dutch :tongue:

And we enjoyed having you there, Jen!

Dutch Boy Drum Corps 2010 Season

Northstar / Dutch Boy Drum Corps has been undergoing a vast change to the organizations structure, vision and mission in past 18 months and the Board believes that to sustain longevity in this unique activity we must grow and develop our local membership base. Although we value our US and international alumni and present membership, to accomplish this effectively, it is our belief that we must focus our financial resources and manpower to this end exclusively.

At the end of the 2009 summer season the organization focused our efforts on a creating a stronger financial base and building a home for the corps future, which we have done very successfully. Our weekly programs have been running since the fall and we participated in more than a dozen parades and local events since October. With momentum building and hope that we will create a stronger future we have made the decision not to field a competitive component for this summer. The Board of Directors and staff are all Drum Corps people and a decision to not participate in DCI events this summer is a difficult one, yet made solely in the best interest of our present membership and the organization. While the Calgary trip was an exciting addition to this year plans, it too had competitive component in the parade and band show which also assisted in making our Tour affordable. We will be rescheduling that trip for another time best suiting the organization.

Both the Staff and Management are excited to continue developing a strong local program and a drum corps which will offer the membership a variety of local and regional performance opportunities over the next several months. Weekly rehearsals will continue and a full summer plan will be posted soon. Obviously, the participation fees will be greatly reduced and summer time commitments adjusted. This will provide a greater opportunity for the present and potential members to work or complete school and still have the opportunity to participate in a drum corps program.

We will have a few registered, experienced members that may be seeking positions in other competitive corps for the summer. Doug Darwin will assist them in finding a suitable home so that they can continue to live the “Experience of a Lifetime”.

Our plans this summer will also include weekend outings and a corps trip to a major DCI event so that the members can feel the excitement live and witness the activity at its best.

Thank you supporting our efforts and the Dutch Boy Drum Corps!! :sad:

Brenda Clark

President

Dutch Boy Drum Corps

I have been a fan of the Dutch Boy since 1974. They are my second favorite Drum and Bugle Corps of all time. I am in no way- shape- or form sad by this move toward long term sustainability. Yes, it does indeed hurt this great Activity of ours when a DBC of the Dutch Boy's Pedigree decides not to enter the field of comp. It is clear to me that there are people who love the Dutch Boy so much that they would do what it takes to protect the Dutch Boy brand and their long term sustainability. :worthy::lol::worthy:

I have always been a strong advocate of DBC's re-engagement of the local youth and community. The Dutch Boy are doing just that. Exclusively. :worthy: :worthy: :lol::worthy: I will bet you my last dollar (in Canadian money) that there will be more then one DBC that will be watching to see how well this works.

Becoming a weekend Activity for the local youth in the community sounds very old skool to me. Who knows, maybe one day the Dutch Boy will go back to Munich Germany :thumbup:

I do not see this announcement as bad news, I see this as good news for the whole Dutch Boy Community at large. When you return to the Field of Comp. Please think about making the Glassmen Home Show one of your first Shows back.

You do know that still having a booth at Major Shows would keep the Dutch Boy name out there and who knows you could even make some money. True story: My dogs ate the Dutch Boy hat I bought last year. Is there away I can buy another? Anyways, it looks to me, that the Dutch Boy's History, Traditions, and Legacy are in very capable hands. I wish you all nothing but the best.

Dean

Aside- To the powers that be in the Open Class Div. PAY YOUR CORPS At the min. enough money to cover their fuel.