double post ... sorry.

Edited by boxingfred

double post ... sorry.

wow...

I have no scores only placement

1.onyx

2.SCV

3.Pride

I would like to say tonight was the BEST moment i have ever had in the UD Arena while watching Pride. I was at a rock concert...I definately got teary eyed quite a few times as the production went on. THANK YOU PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!You are an inspiration

I would also like to say I was not a fan of Onyx from watching the fan network. Once I saw it live, I truley enjoyed it and appreciated it. I think its healthy for WGI to award Onyx with the gold medal. We need another powerhouse in the world class mix! I thought SCV was going to win...it was effortless. I was very happy watching IW this year. I felt it was a BIG improvement in equiptment for the class from last season.

Safe travels home everyone!

wow...

I have no scores only placement

1.onyx

2.SCV

3.Pride

I would like to say tonight was the BEST moment i have ever had in the UD Arena while watching Pride. I was at a rock concert...I definately got teary eyed quite a few times as the production went on. THANK YOU PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!You are an inspiration

I would also like to say I was not a fan of Onyx from watching the fan network. Once I saw it live, I truley enjoyed it and appreciated it. I think its healthy for WGI to award Onyx with the gold medal. We need another powerhouse in the world class mix! I thought SCV was going to win...it was effortless. I was very happy watching IW this year. I felt it was a BIG improvement in equiptment for the class from last season.

Safe travels home everyone!

The equipment work that they(IW) are doing is impressively difficult BUT in my opinion there were very few CLEAN guards. Could we have a little of ensemble work too please? Who cares if your guard has 10 good members and you're good at masking the others. And anyone can do a ripple.

I think Onxy was a HUGE disaster. NOT a fan here!!! And I have NO stake in it it at all...not biased or bitter...just been a guard fan for 25 years.

I guess that's why we have well trained judges; judges who reward innovation, creativity, and originality. I'm glad pride won fan favorite, because clearly that's what they were. But the scores don't lie. The most crowd pleasing doesn't mean they were the best guard there. I'm personally very happy for onyx as the group has been around for 21 years and they deserve their gold. Congrats Onyx!

I guess that's why we have well trained judges; judges who reward innovation, creativity, and originality. I'm glad pride won fan favorite, because clearly that's what they were. But the scores don't lie. The most crowd pleasing doesn't mean they were the best guard there. I'm personally very happy for onyx as the group has been around for 21 years and they deserve their gold. Congrats Onyx!

The judges tend to reward obscurity to make it seem like they understand something that the rest of us don't. Like there's some level of sophistication and abstractness that outranks any entertainment value. I just happen to not agree with it. A show can be creative and original AS WELL as pleasing to the senses. I understand perfectly that those kids in Onyx went through blood sweat and tears and gave everything they had for the last 6 months as I have been there( ages ago of course ) and I applaud them for that but I am entitled to my opinion as you are of yours. I just didn't care for many of the top groups. BUT... WGI is still my favorite day of the year!!!

A HUGE congrats to Onyx (and their open guard O2!) for finally getting a much deserved medal at WGI - and the gold no less! The top three IW guards were incredible and it was clear they were the TOP three.

My heart goes out to Blessed Sacrament having been announced in 4th place, then being told they were 5th... I understand that people make mistakes (calculation errors or just typos) BUT I thought WGI could have handled it in a much better way then just kind of casually saying that SAC and NEI needed to switch spots. For the first time in years I thoroughly enjoyed Blessed Sacrament and those performers should be VERY proud of their efforts no matter if they were 4th or 5th.

Lastly, it seemed to me that the scoring was rather low in the bottom tier of groups (both independent and scholastic). I thought Opus 10 would have racked up a higher number - same goes for Lawrence Central.

Overall though WGI was great this year and I think I'll happily buy the DVDS this time.

Since no one posted these yet

SW

Logan 97.25

Carmel 95.55

Avon 94.65