Wow... so i was catching up with the posts... now I guess I'm going to have to make my way back home to see the final show next year.....

Ben if your out there... get your tickets were going !!!!!!!

In case you didn't catch it Rick, Ben and his wife were at the Westshoremen exhibit Sunday morning.

Hadn't seen him in almost 30 years and was so surprised I got a chance to talk to him I missed seeing the guy I march next to get inducted in the PA Drum Corps Hall of Fame. :thumbup:

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great event, like many others I was unable to see most of the corps so the posting of the photos, and audio files, were GREATLY appreciated. :devil:

The many comments about age, music and event attendance are very interesting and filled with much merit.

I’m with the Park City Pride, we love that we favor the older corps tunes, and try to bring them a bit up to date. We always get a kick when we hear people singing, or whistling, them after a performance. Great music/songs never go out of style, or favor, you just always seem to know the words or put a memory too them.

The age thing, we have an average age of 60, WOW did I just admit to that? :thumbup:

We, originally, were made up of individuals from 9 junior corps [within Fairfield County, CT] from the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s. Unlike the Cabs for example, we don’t have a feeder corps to help support our alumni group. Our former corps have long since passed on. :thumbup:

But, even if we get smaller by the year, it would be a great disappointment having to pack it in because of a lack of show attendance.

It’s always a great treat to spend time with other alumni groups, regardless of corps affiliation, location or age. How great to be with people that love the same thing you do, and after decades come back to do it again. :thumbup:

What a great event, like many others I was unable to see most of the corps so the posting of the photos, and audio files, were GREATLY appreciated. :devil:

The many comments about age, music and event attendance are very interesting and filled with much merit.

I’m with the Park City Pride, we love that we favor the older corps tunes, and try to bring them a bit up to date. We always get a kick when we hear people singing, or whistling, them after a performance. Great music/songs never go out of style, or favor, you just always seem to know the words or put a memory too them.

The age thing, we have an average age of 60, WOW did I just admit to that? :thumbup:

We, originally, were made up of individuals from 9 junior corps [within Fairfield County, CT] from the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s. Unlike the Cabs for example, we don’t have a feeder corps to help support our alumni group. Our former corps have long since passed on. :thumbup:

But, even if we get smaller by the year, it would be a great disappointment having to pack it in because of a lack of show attendance.

It’s always a great treat to spend time with other alumni groups, regardless of corps affiliation, location or age. How great to be with people that love the same thing you do, and after decades come back to do it again. :thumbup:

Nicely put... you Connecticut people are always so calm and well-spoken... don't tell any of the Hurc alums I said that!!!

Sat next to Frank Dorritie when Park City was on, he was really tickled pink at how well you played some of his charts. I really think you guys get better every year there, and you sounded really solid Saturday.

Hopefully I'll be at next year's party, usually I end up out of the loop and broke from the prices of food there, so I usually just go home, Not next year.

Thanks you very, very much for pics and audio, much appreciated :tongue:

I'll second that!

Westshoremen. WOW! :w00t::tongue:

Most welcome...

Tony,

Fred.....hilarious!!

Ain't it?! :tongue:

Nice job Bear. I'm digging it.

Nicely put... you Connecticut people are always so calm and well-spoken... don't tell any of the Hurc alums I said that!!!

:tongue::tongue::w00t::w00t::united:

Tony,

Fred.....hilarious!!

YOU (and your friend HB) started it! :tongue:

More pics to come, Donna wants to take Fred out clothes shopping..... (WITH Mr Farkle in the shopping cart!)

She already has two more "outfits" for him. (She's as sick as the rest of us... :tongue: )