Marines are tough to get in April...I believe military balls get in the way.

I think I'll wait for some one else to comment on this one... :tongue:

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll wait for some one else to comment on this one... :tongue:

just quoting Larry :worthy:

Big W said:

"Are you the leg-line's conductor for the Cabs Alumni performances? If so, ###### fine job, sir! Well done!"

Thanks for the kind words, but no, I'm not a conductor ("leg-line?"). I am in the snare line, was fifth in from the left as you look at the line at the Serenade. The only conducting I do is when working the drum section at rehearsals and warm-ups.

leg line is an 80's term for drummers not in the pit

Thanks Jeff! Really showing my age by not knowing that one. :worthy:

When I marched, 'pits' were something you avoided eating, and 'leg line' might more appropriately refer to a group like the Rockettes. :tongue:

Thank you again, 'Big W.' We appreciate your compliment!

Wow. Just missed that one! :)

It was the high of my life since Buddy Rich has always been my idol. Ben and myself were out manning the door (actually have a smoke) when someone tapped me on the sholder and asked if he could bum a smoke. I turned around and it was buddy.. I about s...t my self. We stood out there shooting the breeze for about 15 minutes before his band came out and yelled at him that he was holding up the show :)

I think it was 83 not 84 but i'm too old to remember :)

It was the high of my life since Buddy Rich has always been my idol. Ben and myself were out manning the door (actually have a smoke) when someone tapped me on the sholder and asked if he could bum a smoke. I turned around and it was buddy.. I about s...t my self. We stood out there shooting the breeze for about 15 minutes before his band came out and yelled at him that he was holding up the show :)

the dude was cool like that,..............he played an outdoor show here in Erie back in the same era,..............my dad and I were backstage and he was just sitting on the steps to the stage having a smoke and cracking smart remarks,.......................my dad turned me into a huge fan, and i was fortunate to see him about a dozen times or so,....................one time we were at a show in Jamestown NY, and were waiting behind the theater to catch him on the way out to the bus, he came out the door and was completely unloading on the second bone player,...............fired the guy and made him get off the bus on the spot.

Hey Rick, it was not 83. It would have been the highlight for me to see him and 84 was one year I missed.

Buddy was 84

I asked a former Marine at work about possible conflict issues in April- Evidently there's some kind of big dog-and-pony inspection Marine units also undergo around that time, the "Commanding General's inspection (!?!?!?!?)", something of that sort? Hopefully there might be some Globe and Anchor people to kindly clarify that perhaps.