Boston Crusaders 1999...

Hester

Hi everyone,

First of all, I searched and searched through the threads on DCP to find the answer for myself, but there were just too many pages to sift through and I lost my patience. :)

Anyway, I was in a debate recently with a friend of mine regarding the 1999 BAC show... where they guard guy at the end throws a huge toss on saber (the big one he caught at the very end of the show) and neither of us are sure exactly what it was... she says it was a 10. I believe it was more like 11 or 12... I'm not a guard guy at all and am not really sure how to "count" the rotations, etc. :huh:

But is there anyone that knows exactly what it was?? It's not a big priority to find out, but it would be cool to know. Thanks. B)

(By the way, whoever that was... awesome job dude). :)

Hi everyone,

First of all, I searched and searched through the threads on DCP to find the answer for myself, but there were just too many pages to sift through and I lost my patience. :)

Anyway, I was in a debate recently with a friend of mine regarding the 1999 BAC show... where they guard guy at the end throws a huge toss on saber (the big one he caught at the very end of the show) and neither of us are sure exactly what it was... she says it was a 10. I believe it was more like 11 or 12... I'm not a guard guy at all and am not really sure how to "count" the rotations, etc. :huh:

But is there anyone that knows exactly what it was?? It's not a big priority to find out, but it would be cool to know. Thanks. B)

Sorry if this is old news, but I'm still kinda new to the forums.

(By the way, whoever that was... awesome job dude). :)

It was '99. I remember freaking out the first time I saw that toss. B)

I have no idea how long it was though, sorry.

That was a great year, a huge step up. I've been a fan of BAC for my whole life, hearing stories and recordings from my dad since I was a little kid, and going to the East Coast Classic in Lynn every year. I always loved them, but was willing to admit that they weren't the best.

At that show in '99, we got to the parking lot early for a cookout like we usually do. We heard a corps practicing in the stadium, so me and my family ran up to watch. Couldn't tell who while they were marching, but they sounded GREAT. Then they're done, they start to march out, and the bass turns to the side. There's a crusader lion on it. b**bs

I almost cried.

Anyway, congrats to the Crusaders on having a lot of class over the years, and for you're meteoric rise in recent years.

BTW, I think on finals night, the guy actually dropped it, but it stuck upright in the ground. That was the one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Lucky guy :)

Merging these two topics as they are identical

it was planned to impale the earth at finals, he didn't drop it!

:huh:

oops, didn't know that. I was 12 in '99 and had no access to real info. I just thought it was a really really lucky cool thing.

That it was planned actually makes it even cooler :) Must have been pretty hard to get the timing right.