Atlanta CorpsVets - Tanning Weather

It's probably good to factor in how much of a show is included in x number of pages. So for us, 41 pages represents the first two movements which is more than 3 minutes of our show ranging around 168-180bpm.

I am glad to see you guys are stepping up the demand of your show. I have felt like that is what has held the group back a little the last couple of years.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another quick update on the Atlanta CorpsVets....

More fantastic weather this past weekend in Georgia for guard auditions!

FULL CORPS: this weekend! Friday 23Apr, Sat. 24Apr and Sun. 25Apr.

BRASS: There are a few open spots in the hornline so contact us as soon as possible. PM me or e-mail info@corpsvets.org. Check our website for rehearsal details and directions. www.corpsvets.org.

GUARD: great turn-out last weekend, auditions continue this weekend.

PERCUSSION: auditions this weekend.

We will work with you as much as possible with tuition. Overnight housing for members is available at the school – our rehearsal location is East Coweta Middle School, 6291 Highway 16, Senoia, GA. We welcome you to come on out and be a part of our amazing 2010 show – look forward to seeing you all there!

* Our website is http://www.corpsvets.org/ please visit the site and register so you have access to audition packets and other information. Also be sure to join our fan page at http://www.facebook.com/AtlantaCorpsVets.

Let us know if you have any questions - thanks!

Dave

Edited by CV Exec Dir

Yeah, but the poster sounded like he was suprised that they even had 40 pages of drill... at least that is how I read it. I assume that most corps have more than 40 pages (especially Open Class) in their shows. Like I said, though, 40 pages is a lot at this point in the season.

Not sure how you could have read that the way you did, but whatever. 40 pages in the middle of April for a DCA corps is quite a bit. CV is definitely ahead of what I would have expected from them based on their competitive history the last few years.

Looking forward to the first DCI and DCA shows of the year so we can see all these folks LIVE.

Looking forward to the first DCI and DCA shows of the year so we can see all these folks LIVE.

Here’s the best “LIVE” I can do for ya…We’re going to be at FirstBEAT on 6/20 – DCI Show in Fort Mill, SC. Come check us out. You won’t be disappointed !!! :tongue:

‘Shups

26509_1376700903272_1404338004_1060602_3252500_n.jpg

Crunches

26509_1376701103277_1404338004_1060607_480962_n.jpg

Contra’s – Look at them elbows

27260_1436158509675_1404338004_1204808_4457498_n.jpg

Outside

27260_1436157989662_1404338004_1204802_2943704_n.jpg

27260_1436157069639_1404338004_1204789_5692879_n.jpg

Chad Jacobs & Alan Armstrong

27260_1436157229643_1404338004_1204792_1861779_n.jpg

2008 Phantom (Spartacus) eat your heart out. Look at all the people that bring me into the stadium each day...it's good to be the kingJust gotta watch out for the guy with the spear :worthy:

27260_1436158309670_1404338004_1204805_6165622_n.jpg

Not sure how you could have read that the way you did, but whatever. 40 pages in the middle of April for a DCA corps is quite a bit. CV is definitely ahead of what I would have expected from them based on their competitive history the last few years.

Ummm... yes, agreed on all accounts. Is this an argument? Does not matter if you got what I did out of that post... just how it sounded to me.

Great camp this past weekend despite the inclement weather on Saturday. All sections got a lot done, the staff is firing on all cylinders and the membership is eating up the world class instruction.

We will do it all again in 5 days, as late April and May are our version of "all-days" with 4 camps in 5 weeks.

It's been a good winter and now we are rolling into spring ready to rock and roll. Drums were in for the first time in several weeks and ensembled a nice chunk of the opener with the horns Saturday evening. Horns are marching and playing 64 pages and the guard is spinning and marching 41 of those I believe.

If we have horns that are interested, I have one spot in the sop line and one Contra spot left. Supposedly, we have a couple people coming for the sop spot this weekend so if you are interested, you need to email me at cvbrass@gmail.com and let me know you are coming.

I think percussion are almost set, but I know we could use a few folks in the front ensemble and maybe another plate or two.

It's going to be a fun summer down south. Hop on board quick if you are coming, we're ready to hit the road soon !! Just a few more rehearsal weekends till the first show !!

See everyone on the road.

AA

It's time for a video!

From our website: CorpsVets 2010 Production 360, Movement III, Part 1. Sets 41-53. Recorded Sunday 4/25/10 at East Coweta MS Baseball Field. We have a trumpet spot open for an experienced quick learner as well as front ensemble and battery positions but you must contact James Wolters at info@corpsvets.org immediately for consideration.

The corps' next rehearsal weekend begins this Friday, April 30th at 9pm and continues through Sunday at 5pm.

It's time for a video!

From our website: CorpsVets 2010 Production 360, Movement III, Part 1. Sets 41-53. Recorded Sunday 4/25/10 at East Coweta MS Baseball Field. We have a trumpet spot open for an experienced quick learner as well as front ensemble and battery positions but you must contact James Wolters at info@corpsvets.org immediately for consideration.

The corps' next rehearsal weekend begins this Friday, April 30th at 9pm and continues through Sunday at 5pm.

There is a contra spot open as well.

Come on out!

Dave