Show Cancelled for July 24th

We have called off the July 24th Prairie Sound Invitational for July 24th.

Too many conflicts with too many parties involved.

The interest for a Show in our are is pretty good.

We will continue to work with the contacts we have so far in the community and keep working toward a 2011 show.

The show date will most likley be in June. We will poll the Open and All Age Corps so we have the best possible weekend.

We will be shooting for a 6 to 8 Drum Corps show.

If your Corps would like to stop in the KC Area this year I recommend the following School Districts for Housing and Practice Areas.

Spring Hill, KS School District http://www.usd230.org/usd230/depart/index.html

Gardner Kansas School District https://www.usd231.com/webUSD231/forms/home_red.aspx

Desoto School District http://www.usd232.org/education/district/d...php?sectionid=1

Paola, KS School District http://www.usd368.k12.ks.us/

These would be your easiest School Districts to work with in our area.

Thanks,

Jeff,

Prairie Sound!!!

Sorry to hear about the cancelled show. You have to do a lot of preparation throughout the entire year in order to have a successful event. I included a bunch of mumbo-jumbo in another thread you had open about inviting groups to your show. I still recommend that you contact various show coordinators and talk with them in detail about their events and what works for them. Also ask about what didn't work for them since these details, while unsuccessful for them, might be successful for you. This includes the event itself, the relationship with the corps and the hosting sites, and any local attractions that may provide some fun or interest for the kids. Anything that will make a positive experience for both the kids and staff in the corps and help them consider your event in the future.

You probably know all of this. I just like to encourage positive business practices that will help our activity grow and discuss all the behind-the-scenes work that makes a show (and our activities) successful. When people think about a drum corps show, they may only think about 'what corps will be there? 'and 'how much does it cost?' And I'm always up for learning more about the business side of drum corps. My organization Synergy in Arts for Youth, Inc in Tampa, Fl researched the needs of putting on a show and our source at DCI was very discouraging and without DCI sanctioning it, our location works against us. DCI doesn't like Florida as much as the midwest I guess. Best of luck for 2011.

Sorry to hear about the cancelled show. You have to do a lot of preparation throughout the entire year in order to have a successful event. I included a bunch of mumbo-jumbo in another thread you had open about inviting groups to your show. I still recommend that you contact various show coordinators and talk with them in detail about their events and what works for them. Also ask about what didn't work for them since these details, while unsuccessful for them, might be successful for you. This includes the event itself, the relationship with the corps and the hosting sites, and any local attractions that may provide some fun or interest for the kids. Anything that will make a positive experience for both the kids and staff in the corps and help them consider your event in the future.

You probably know all of this. I just like to encourage positive business practices that will help our activity grow and discuss all the behind-the-scenes work that makes a show (and our activities) successful. When people think about a drum corps show, they may only think about 'what corps will be there? 'and 'how much does it cost?' And I'm always up for learning more about the business side of drum corps. My organization Synergy in Arts for Youth, Inc in Tampa, Fl researched the needs of putting on a show and our source at DCI was very discouraging and without DCI sanctioning it, our location works against us. DCI doesn't like Florida as much as the midwest I guess. Best of luck for 2011.

Everything was lined up. Stadium was reserved, everthing was ready to print and we would have had 5 performing groups. The date ended up not being good for the Staff. Too many conflicts. We will be ready for next year as we can still use a lot of the things that were ready for print with some modifications of course.